Vice President, Treasury Risk
Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2020, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. Description - External
Corporate Treasury Risk is the second line of defense function that reviews and challenges the risks that are managed by the Corporate Treasury function (first line of defense). These include market and interest rate risk, liquidity risk, risk to the Bank's capital, operational risk and other non-financial risks. Corporate Treasury Risk works closely with the first line to ensure that the risk is identified and addressed within the Bank's limit structure and risk appetite.
- Works with senior management roles to ensure that the appropriate market or liquidity risk policies, methods, standards, processes, and training are developed, applied and understood by impacted stakeholders.
- Applies extensive knowledge of market or liquidity risk analysis, monitoring processes and in-depth knowledge of the financial industry, hedging strategies, technology and the requirements of regulatory bodies.
- Recognized throughout the Risk organization and the business as the market or liquidity risk point of contact and subject matter expert for a particular business/business partner area.
- Produces (and may deliver) risk presentations to senior management and the Board of Directors of the Bank. Anticipates and addresses Audit and regulatory concerns regarding the market or liquidity risk framework, governance, and operations.
- In partnership with management, establishes the market or liquidity risk strategy for the business area(s) and is accountable for ensuring the implementation of that strategy.
- Manages all activities related to the development and production of risk platforms and metrics. Plans and implements the risk policies and procedures and internal controls across multiple businesses and locations.
- Develop and document processes to ensure consistency of practices within Treasury Risk
- Manage existing processes to ensure accurate and timely implementation
- Aggregate metrics and produce reporting for various stakeholders
- Assist in the review and development of policies and procedures
- Project manage key deliverables
- Produce materials and minutes for various committees
- No direct reports,, oversees, advises and guides less experienced Market or Liquidity Risk roles and may direct their work. Responsibilities are primarily specialized to address the market or liquidity risk management needs for major global initiatives, large areas of the business, specific legal entities, or material events.
- Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelor s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Masters degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience in market or liquidity risk preferred. Experience in financial services is strongly preferred.
- Background in math, statistics, finance, economics, risk management, operations research, or a similar field is preferred.
- Market Risk: Ability to analyze and report on financial products and financial risk, macroeconomic issues, interest rate risk, and relevant regulation (e.g., Volcker, CCAR, DFAST, SLR, IRRBB).
- Liquidity Risk: Ability to assist with analysis of and reporting on funding, cash flow projections, deposits (including operational and behavioral views), liquidity measures, liquidity stress testing and relevant regulation (e.g. CLAR/ILAA, LCR).