Vice President, Technology Product Management
Description About this role About Aladdin Wealth Tech
Aladdin Wealth Tech is a fast-growing fintech business operating within BlackRock Solutions. Our mission is to leverage the power of Aladdin's analytics, technology, and data to give financial advisors the edge they need to build better portfolios and deliver better outcomes to their customers. Through our proprietary platform, we equip advisors with proposal construction, risk monitoring, and portfolio analytical capabilities. The team operates as one cohesive unit spanning client, product, and engineering, and we pride ourselves on getting things done while delivering new business value quickly and frequently. We are passionate about finding new ways to solve important problems in our industry using technology and data. About this role
Aladdin Wealth Enterprise is a global product offering which spans a variety of regulatory environments, asset management styles, and user sophistication. As a Product Manager on our Advisor Experience Team, you'll be responsible for the strategic direction and execution of Aladdin Wealth Enterprise's practice management roadmap - specifically focusing on tools and workflows that enable financial advisors and private bankers to better address the needs of their client base. Your Responsibilities
- Product Strategy: Translate the goals of our business and the needs of our users across multiple regions into product strategy for your area of focus.
- Roadmap Planning: Continually define a forward-looking roadmap which brings your product strategy to life. Define MVPs, iterations, and beyond. Work with other product teams to define constraints, effort, delivery schedules, and product goals.
- Driving Alignment: Drive visibility and alignment of that product strategy with client teams, as well as design and engineering, through well-written product specs, internal wikis, and thoughtfully led presentations and discussions.
- Execution: Execute your plan, serving as "product owner" within our scrum development process, prioritizing the efforts of the engineering team you work with, and driving and pace of decision-making on the projects you lead.
- Prioritization: Own and prioritize iterative improvements to products and features released by your engineering team, addressing defects, bugs, and workflow improvements, while balancing against client needs and overall product strategy.
- Refinement: Continually cultivate and refine your backlog and roadmap, synthesizing insights from product and engineering leadership, client team stakeholders, and users, along with usage patterns and industry trends.
- Marketplace Expertise: Be the voice of your users, with a particular emphasis on needs, opportunities, and competitors within the wealth management landscape.
- Strong grasp of wealth management industry - from RIAs to IRAs, you can speak the language. Even better: you understand the workflows and needs of financial advisors and private bankers.
- An ability to understand and continually synthesize the needs of our users and their staff and translate those needs into a strategic product direction.
- The skill to organize the efforts of multiple teams, including once you don't directly lead, towards a common product goal and deliver within a time constraint.
- You're a product evangelist, capable of communicating business opportunities at all levels of our organization through written presentation and compelling storytelling.
- Excellent communication skills - you can communicate complex and detailed information in an organized and consumable format.
- You're a keen reader of people and culture, capable of building the relationships necessary to make things happen - across a table or across the country on a Webex call.
- You're able to balance data-driven decision making with intuitive interpretation of customer insights and feedback.
- You don't need a precise definition of a task to take ownership of it and make sure it gets completed with excellence.
- A strong familiarity with Enterprise SaaS solutions, web technologies, and APIs.
- You're curious, strategic, independent, and have a track record of holding yourself and those around you to high standards.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working with or adjacent to Product and/or Technology teams.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.