Vice President, Strategy & Business Planning, Global EII & North America Marketing
Description About this role Job Title:
Vice President, Strategy & Business Planning
Do you enjoy working with cross-functional, cross-regional teams? Are you passionate about strategy & operations, driving business efficiencies, marketing and creating an inclusive culture? If so, keep reading!
We are seeking a Vice President of Strategy & Business Planning
who loves business management responsibilities and working across a global team on various initiatives and programs to help move the business forward. This role reports into the COO of the Global EII & North America Marketing team and will have broad responsibilities and touch on all aspects of day-to-day operations of the organization while closely partnering with the Finance, HR and the COO teams across USWA, EII and Global Marketing.
This is a high-visibility role with frequent exposure to the leadership team. As such, the ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to tailor complex messages to the appropriate audience in a very collaborative manner. The successful candidate will build deep and collaborative relationships across multiple groups and teams and be a positive culture carrier for the organization. Primary Responsibilities:
- Strategic Initiatives/Competitor Analysis: lead ad hoc projects to support the overall team and keep abreast of competitive and marketing trends for the organization.
- Budget Management/Oversight: Support the annual budget planning process for the team, collaborating with the USWA, EII and Global Marketing COO offices. Manage the group's budget, including all reporting to increase transparency and to ensure we are continually optimizing our available funding and that the organization is on track from a financial perspective.
- Executive Presentation Support: play a key role in the development and coordination of executive presentations and updates as needed
- Talent/Culture: Help shape the culture for the group by supporting employee experience and DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) initiatives that target development areas from employee survey
- Day-to-Day Team Operations (aka "the kitchen sink"): Oversee several marketing administrative functions in coordination with HR and other teams, while also helping support various miscellaneous initiatives over time...all in an effort to ensure everyone on the team is fully engaged and firing on all cylinders.
- 5+ years of relevant investment industry experience, preferably with emphasis in business management and/or operations roles
- Demonstrated excellence in building relationships and influencing without authority, across complex, highly matrixed environment
- Excellent "end to end" project management skills with ability to drive from strategy to execution
- Strong proficiency and demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills (written, oral, PowerPoint creation and delivery) and personal presence, including the ability to distill and present complex concepts to audiences
- Results driven with extensive attention to detail combined with strong critical thinking
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills and able to synthesize a vast and diverse amount of information in order to develop insights from data to build compelling cases
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with proven ability to manage and succeed in driving multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Self-starter with high energy, motivation, dedication to excellence and positive approach to business challenges
- High degree of professional discretion and integrity
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.