Vice President, Senior Credit Officer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Oct 17 2017-10-10
The Branch is organized along the three lines of defense operating model. The New York Branch Credit function is part of the control function in the second line of defense. The Head of Credit Risk reports to the New York Branch Head of Credit & Risk. The Head of Credit Risk at the New York Branch provides functionality across two broad categories: • Credit Assessment and efficient processing of CAFS, credit reviews • Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting The job responsibilities within these broad categories are described in detail below.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
1. Responsible for the timely assessment of the Branch’s credit applications, annual reviews and administrative notifications for Senior Management.
- Independently evaluate credit applications, annual credit reviews, and administrative notifications prepared by Relationship Managers and Business Credit Analysts, or existing and potential clients bringing a high level of consultative expertise, intelligence and discretion to the various analyses. Prepare memorandum to support recommendation to either approve or decline – highlighting key risks & mitigating factors and basis for internal risk rating.
2. Ensure reliable detailed credit reviews.
- Evaluation of multiple trustworthy sources of data in order to make a fair and balanced assessment of the borrowers' credit, management, operational and financial capabilities as it relates to the existing or potential commitment.
3. Ensure smooth, efficient and effective flow of the credit review process
- Coordinate and collaborate with marketing, accounting and operations departments to effect good bi-directional flow of information to ensure a smooth and efficient credit process without compromising credit quality. Proactively seek ways of increasing efficiency, increasing productivity, and improving communication across the teams. Work cooperatively across global jurisdictions on initiatives for improved frameworks that promote efficiencies.
4. Maintain sufficient knowledge on clients and the industry in which they operate.
- Utilization of multiple media outlets to gather and synthesize relevant data pertaining to existing and potential customers into reports for self and management. Proactively seek to remain up to date on innovative thinking, trends and changes that impact our industry and the industry sectors of our clients. Participate in and seek ongoing training and education (institutional/self-guided) of relevant skills, tools and knowledge as it relates to credit.
5. Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting
- Develop and prepare exposure reports as required including:
• Periodic Exposure Reports
• Concentration Reporting
• Ratings Migration
• Impaired Assets
• Head Office Reporting
Principally works independently, however, maintaining an effective rapport with Senior Management and Relationship Managers, internally, and from time to time, engage in dialogue with executive management of corporate clients, externally. In addition, there is often contact with the Credit Department in Head Office.
- 7- 10 years of experience in credit risk management
- M.B.A, finance or equivalent, or B.A. with formal credit training
- Extensive knowledge of accounting practices and procedures especially as related to financial statements; keen analytical skills; precise writing skills; full understanding of the impacting of deadlines on work product; Thorough working knowledge of various bank products and services; developed ability to appropriately gauge industry/market trends.
- Process driven; excellent time management; works efficiently under pressure and deadlines; highly developed ability to work independently and to function equally well as team player/leader, superior communication skills, demonstrates accountability and ability to lead by example, comfortable as a mentor and well able to encourage success in others.
We are an equal opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.