Vice President, Retail FIG Fixed Index Annuity (FIA) Product/Relationship Manager
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Retail FIG is an industry leading manager of retail insurance assets with $117B in AUM and has an estimated 7% industry market share. The business has a well thought plan in place to ensure continued growth within the industry in alignment with overall U.S. Wealth Advisory and BlackRock 2018 objectives. Excellent client relationships, the market leading brand of BlackRock, and a record of innovation within the retail insurance channel have all been contributing factors. Most important are the people that comprise Retail FIG.
The Retail FIG Fixed Index Annuity (FIA) product manager role is critical to the continued success of the ongoing effort to grow BlackRock’s market share with Life Insurers engaged in retail lines of business in the U.S. While the specific objectives of the role are focused on executing the Retail FIG business plan, the individual in this role must also possess the skills required to be an ambassador of BlackRock to clients and think holistically as a relationship manager and business person focusing on opportunities in the Index and Buffered Annuity space while also being aware of BlackRock’s position in the Variable Annuity business in order to unlock other opportunities within these firms. In addition, building knowledge across other BlackRock channels including BlackRock Solutions, Cash Management, iShares, Retirement, USWA, and Institutional FIG will be critical to the candidate’s success.
- Execute Retail FIG business objectives surrounding growth in the Index and Buffered annuity category. This includes relationship management and business development responsibilities with FIG NA clients and prospects in alignment with the group business plan;
- Lead product development efforts to build upon the early successes of Retail FIG’s entry into the FIA space;
- Leverage FIA expertise to internally and externally to educate key stakeholders;
- Partner with colleagues within Retail FIG, iShares and Multi-Asset solutions to develop commercial opportunities for the FIA business;
- Work as a teammate and project manager on live opportunities as well as RFP responses;
- Collaborate with the Retail FIG heads of wholesaling and channel marketing to align sales, marketing, and value add efforts with firm specific account plans relating to the FIA business;
- Ensure high coordination from all BLK parties in developing strategy and execution of an integrated client experience for Retail FIG clients;
- Represent Retail FIG and BlackRock at client and industry events; positioning all of BlackRock capabilities and thought leadership to enhance brand awareness in the Insurance space;
- Partner closely with the Co-Heads of Retail FIG to help shape the strategic direction of the business. Develop the business plan with tactics and milestones to measure successful execution.
- 10 years+ of Annuity experience specifically focusing on: Index solutions, capital markets and business development experience with intermediary clients;
- Successful candidate may have experience at an insurance company, investment bank or asset management firm;
- Undergraduate degree required;
- High capacity for persuasion and influence in a consultative capacity with client firms;
- Understanding of the organization dynamics of a retail insurance company;
- Ability to work across the functional areas of BLK to deliver the firm to clients as well as project manage and advance the business;
- CFA, and/or MBA, and/or CIMA highly preferred, Actuarial background a plus;
- Series 7 and 66 required;
- 30% travel required;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Core value as a team player;
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.