- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President, Recovery and Resolution Planning Lead Analyst
Vice President, Recovery and Resolution Planning Lead Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18079758
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
This position is a part of Citi's Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP) within the Capital Planning / Recovery and Resolution Planning area of Citi Finance. The team supports a range of high-profile regulatory initiatives central to the safety and soundness of the firm. These regulatory programs predominantly include Resolution and Recovery Planning in addition to other strategic regulatory initiatives.
Citi's Recovery and Resolution Planning team is responsible for the development and maintenance of recovery and resolution plans for submission to regulators, while at the same time, focusing on industry and Citi-wide strategic issues. A significant component of this work is to evaluate and develop strategies to:
• Address impediments to an orderly resolution
• Enhance Citi's recovery and resolution planning capabilities
• Maximize business opportunities while minimizing capital and structural inefficiencies
This position will have a strong focus on global RRP requirements and coordinating such requirements with the US submissions for the separability, legal entity rationalization, human resources, and communications work streams. The role will require strong project and program leadership experience as well as strong communication and writing skills. Exposure to senior management and regulators is frequent and distilling complex ideas through the development of simple presentations is critical. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to gain a broad understanding of many key facets of Citi: its legal structure; product offerings; business franchises; functional teams; balance sheet and liquidity management protocols; countries of operations; and the interaction of these various facets.
While this is a Finance position, the RRP team has significant engagement with other areas including operations and technology, financial and risk reporting, businesses (Institutional Clients Group and Global Consumer Bank), and legal, and will be involved in jurisdictional legal regimes and bankruptcy laws; financial market utilities; and the regulatory considerations of local jurisdictions in which Citi operates. The candidate will support these efforts by leveraging their analytical skills to better articulate and present the various financial assumptions and outputs supporting Citi's regulatory strategies and capabilities. Strong communication and writing skills, such as distilling complex ideas into simple presentations are critical.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Managing RRP deliverables for Citi's U.S./Global Recovery Plan submissions, including project managing the separability, legal entity rationalization, human resources, and communications work streams and performing quantitative and qualitative analyses, as needed
• Partnering with global RRP teams to understand regulatory requirements, develop strategies and assist in executing processes to respond to and meet regulatory expectations
• Owning the goals of separability, legal entity rationalization, human resources, and communications work streams and driving progress in meeting these deliverables, as well as communications with the work streams
• Managing projects involving a wide range of functional partners against tight project timelines and deliverable schedules
• Leading strategic projects and supporting a wide range of analytical presentations that help decide and support Citi's global regulatory strategies
• Aligning RRP goals with other key international regulatory deliverables
• Ensuring Citi's RRP activities are conducted through existing governance structures
• Drafting regulatory and executive communications and messaging
• 5-7 year's relevant work experience
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Significant intellectual curiosity and desire to learn how Citi conducts its activities, often at the most granular level
• Robust problem solving and analytical skills, with diligence and superior attention to detail sufficient to withstand scrutiny of senior executives
• Comfort with ambiguity
• Ability to influence and build strong relationships with people at varying levels across the organization
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and matrixed environment while multitasking and meeting strict deadlines
• Direct experience working for Federal Reserve, FDIC or OCC or experience supporting bank communication or exam processes with these agencies is preferred
• Bachelor's degree in economics, finance or accounting preferred
• JD or MBA a plus