Vice President, North America Communications
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations, encompassing BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms and global distribution companies, dedicated to helping clients reach their investment goals. BNY Mellon's multi-boutique model encompasses the skills of eight world-class, specialized investment managers who are all leaders in their respective fields. Each is solely focused on investment management, and each has its own unique investment philosophy and process. We are an investment manager of choice for the world's governments, corporations, foundations, endowments, pension plan sponsors, advisors, intermediaries and mutual fund investors. Position Description
As Vice President of North America Communications for BNY Mellon Investment Management, this individual will report to the Head of North America Communications and be involved in a wide variety of communications initiatives to promote and protect the reputation of BNY Mellon Investment Management.
The individual would work collaboratively with a global communications team of communications professionals based in New York, London, and Sydney to develop and execute an integrated communications program based on best practices, shared ideas, and excellent execution.
He/she would work with Marketing, Content, Digital, Legal & Compliance and Corporate Affairs to lead communications for a range of business lines that involve proactive public relations, thought leadership, internal communications, branding and organizational initiatives, change and issues management projects. Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Serve as one of the North American communications leads and partner for several of BNY Mellon Investment Management's investment firms to support internal and external communications programs
- Be a strategic communications adviser, able to develop and execute long-term communications programs, manage news flow, and drive change and issues management projects
- Handle media enquiries, conduct media outreach, taking a thoughtful approach to targeting appropriate outlets, conducting research, networking and meeting regularly with reporters to bolster relationships and identify opportunities
- Manage agency relationships and organizing the preparation and handling of logistics around media meetings, announcements and other events; develop media briefing packs, strategy rollouts, etc.
- Develops press releases, presentations, media programs, and other documents created for communications
- Identify thought leadership opportunities to put an appropriate spotlight on intellectual capital across BNY Mellon Investment Management
- Willingly assume additional responsibility and role on the team; readily provide assistance to team members in role as player-coach
- Create content and provide editorial support for appropriate communications vehicles including video, internal and external social media and collaboration tools, the intranet and town halls.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant knowledge of the asset management industry - across regions, asset classes, regulations and distribution channels ( e.g. , institutional, intermediary, and retirement), with strong industry media relationships
- An experienced communications professional who can tackle assignments ranging from thought leadership to issues/change management to internal communications
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills; ability to tease out storylines, connect-the-dots across a large organization, and identify counterintuitive positions
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills; speed, agility, and ability to multi-task
- Exemplary attention to detail
- High-energy level with the ability to be both a self-starter and a team player; proactive and performance-driven in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a large, complex, global organization
- Flexibility to manage changing requirements and short timelines
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- B.A. / B.S. degree
- Minimum of 8 years professional communications experience ; 10+ years strongly preferred within a financial services environment/asset management firm (institutional or retail asset management), or public relations/strategic communications agency with specific financial services client experience
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
IM Other Support-HR14830 Requisition Number: