Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Business Planning
Description About this role Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Business Planning
We are looking for a Marketing Strategist and Business Manager
to support the Head of Americas ETF and Index Investments (EII) Marketing and the Head of iShares Self-Directed Platform Business, partnering closely with the EII Global Marketing team, Americas EII business and key global marketing functions. The ideal candidate will provide strategic and direct management support - including project management, leadership of strategic initiatives, research, and writing for internal and external audiences. Effective execution will require preparation for engagements, having a data-driven approach to initiatives, writing skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in collaboration with senior business leaders.
This is a high-visibility role with frequent exposure to the leadership team across the firm. As such, the ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to tailor complex messages to the appropriate audience in a very collaborative manner. The successful candidate will build deep and collaborative relationships across multiple groups and teams and be a positive culture carrier for the organization. There is potential development for larger COO roles within marketing or elsewhere in the firm.
- Lead our annual strategic planning across both US EII Marketing and Self-Directed Business
- Independently scope, plan, and execute special projects initiated by Marketing and Americas Head of EII, COO, and Global Marketing - in areas including organizational strategy, business management/budgeting, technology, talent and execution plans
- Facilitate and lead our budgeting and headcount process in close partnership with the Global EII Marketing COO team
- Plan and execute on key engagements for the Head of Americas EII Marketing
- Craft C-level presentations, talking points and briefing memos for senior internal and client engagements
- Manage reoccurring meetings and ExCo engagements across the Americas, including curating content and communicating with participants on meeting goals and action items
- Collaborate with colleagues at all levels throughout iShares and BlackRock to drive projects through to completion
- Help shape the culture for the group by supporting employee experience and DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) initiatives that target development areas from employee survey
- 5+ years of experience in a directly relevant field (financial services, management consulting or similar)
- Structured communication skills: Ability to communicate upcoming deliverables and objectives, influence stakeholders and effectively manage projects with lead time, clear and inclusive guidance, and empathy
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, build long-term relationships, and create a collaborative and approachable environment, especially when working across departments or time sensitivity
- Problem solving: Critical thinker with superior problem-solving abilities; able to organize people under pressure and pull in key decisionmakers to prioritize issues and respond to clients and senior management
- Process management: Efficiently manage project processes, navigate trade-offs and effectively manage own and other's time
- Advanced PowerPoint and business writing skills: Ability to quickly produce management-level quality presentations, business memos and exhibits utilizing data and synthesizing key information
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.