- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President, Learning Advisor - US Retail Bank & Mortgage
Vice President, Learning Advisor - US Retail Bank & Mortgage
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Other Location: United States,Florida,Miami; United States,Florida,Tampa; United States,Texas,San Antonio; United States,Texas,Irving; United States,Florida,Fort Lauderdale
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19016251
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi Learning and Development works to drive business performance by connecting employees with relevant and innovative learning experiences when and where they need them. US Retail Bank & Mortgage Learning works to develop and embed leadership, management and professional capability into US Retail Bank & Mortgage culture and practices using social, mobile, workplace and traditional learning methods. In partnership with Human Resources colleagues and business/operations partners across our matrixed organization, they will develop and assist in the implementation of learning offerings to build leadership capabilities, foster high potential development, support emerging skill development that advance Citi's strategic priorities.
Reporting to the Lead Learning Advisor for US Retail Bank & Mortgage Learning & Development, this Learning Advisor will support key business leaders across the US Retail Bank & Mortgage business in strategic initiatives, multiple large-scale projects and leader/manager capabilities.
- Partner with Product and HR leaders to align learning strategy to the broader business strategy, executing on critical performance initiatives in support of identified business outcomes.
- Provide leadership support on the planning and execution of leadership, sales, service, product, process/application and technical training for identified stakeholder businesses/functions
- Support a nationally consistent and innovative training design and development methodology (strategy) that equips Citi employees with the required knowledge and skill to execute on the desired customer experience in alignment with the corporate plan and business objectives.
- Routinely advise, support, and engage in regular communication with business/function team leaders responsible for a business function
- Strategic and tactical planning for training initiatives. Includes achieving alignment within designated client groups and senior leadership teams, resource allocation, ongoing development and maintenance of the strategy.
- Facilitate the training discovery and intake process for designated stakeholder group(s), identifying performance improvement opportunities and recommending an effective training response.
- Establish partnerships with identified client groups to plan and deliver comprehensive training strategies and services, including organizational learning, leadership, employee on boarding, career pathing, performance management etc.
- Work with designated leadership tier(s) to define measures of success and measurable link between training and performance. Develop and enable a complete "feedback loop" across the functional groups, to ensure alignment and continuous improvement.
- Communicate, within designated line(s) of business and stakeholder group(s), the capabilities of the NA Consumer Learning. Achieve organizational alignment around the team strategy, structure, metrics and implementation tactics.
- Identify strategies and solutions that are directly linked to organizational and business goals by establishing and maintaining partnerships with key business leaders, SMEs, and vendors to identify and drive performance improvement change
- Provide management and consulting services to Human Resource and business partners in the area of organizational effectiveness and business performance improvement.
- Collaborate with Human Resource Generalists, Compensation, Staffing & Recruiting, Talent Planning and Diversity on creating integrated people strategy and solutions
- Leverage consistent methods and metrics to measure the effectiveness of training (i.e., strategies to measure return on investment)
- Serve as a conduit for learning and development in Citi's broader transformation efforts
- Partner with other GCB Learning team members and/or groups to ensure consistency, maximum leverage of existing programs and successful implementation and program management
Education and Professional Experience
- University degree preferred, or relevant work experience
- Minimum 10 years professional work experience, learning and/or finance preferred
- Broad understanding of adult learning principles and performance improvement strategies
- Experience managing large, complex projects; ability to assess the requirements of learning solutions and drive the creation of those solutions and deployment strategies to meet/exceed project objectives
- Experience in large, matrixed and multinational organizations is preferred
- Proven leadership ability, with virtual and distributed teams
- Excellent advisory skills and the ability to ask the right questions in order to clearly understand the client's needs and challenges
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong relationship management
- Proven ability to collaboratively partner with others to develop learning solutions that serve business outcomes
- Demonstrated strengths in balancing strategic and tactical/execution skills
- Capable of performing effectively in complex situations with limited guidance
- Ability to manage ambiguity in a fast paced work environment and work through challenges (Adaptable, Flexible, Tenacious); willing to take calculated risks
- Drives for results and demonstrates strong sense of accountability and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to think "outside of the box" to drive creative solutions
- Strong presence, communication skills and ability to influence others; experience communicating with senior leaders
- Demonstrated experience in learning needs analysis, in addition to the diagnosis, analysis, design and implementation of learning and development solutions in a multi- geography context
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint