Vice President, Investment/Product Strategy
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 May 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock manages assets for a range of investment products — equity, fixed income, liquidity and alternative investments—each supported by dedicated resources spanning portfolio management, trading, research and product strategy. The firm’s Global Credit Platform spans Leveraged Finance, Multi-Strategy, Liquid Alternatives and Private Credit Strategies. With over $97 billion in assets under management, the Platform offers an array of liquid and private credit investment solutions designed to meet bespoke client needs across the risk-return spectrum.
Role: Product Strategist focused on our Leveraged Finance investment strategies (e.g. high yield bonds, leveraged loans, CLOs) with focus on collateralized loan obligations.
Given the capital market transaction component to CLO issuance, the CLO businesses and the CLO Product Strategy role are unique within BlackRock and relative to other Product Strategy roles, such as those which support open-ended funds. The CLO Product Strategy role will provide the candidate the opportunity to work with a wide variety of CLO market participants beyond traditional Product Strategy constituents, including specialized CLO debt and equity investors, investment banks/underwriters, trustees, rating agencies and legal support. The CLO Product Strategy Team is hiring a Junior Product Strategist to help build and grow the Magnetite CLO Management and Third Party CLO Investment businesses.
- Champion the strategic growth of the Leverage Finance Team’s efforts in CLOs and related products
- Support the senior members of the Product Strategy team in disseminating information and data regarding funds and answer questions pertaining to broader markets
- Partner with sales and marketing teams to raise awareness around the asset class and our bespoke capabilities
- Prepare for client and prospect meetings including updating presentation materials, portfolio review and market update slides
- Contribute to new business opportunities, including RFP’s
- Support client onboarding and servicing activities
- Create and maintain marketing materials for both CLO funds and separately managed accounts
- Oversee, coordinate and/or participate in investor performance reporting
- Competitive analysis and research, volatility and correlation analysis
- Support ad hoc research and contribute to articles and thought leadership pieces/ white papers
- Follow capital markets, current events and investment trends
This candidate will be working most closely with the CLO businesses, specifically responsible for:
- Marketing, structuring, coordinating issuance and investor relations for Magnetite CLOs.
- Marketing and creation of Third-Party CLO investment solutions using CLO tranches across the capital structure, from AAA to Equity.
- Managing the overall business strategy for both Magnetite and Third-Party, ensuring they meet asset and revenue targets.
- Evaluating a variety of business line extensions and growth opportunities.
The candidate should exhibit:
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement, work ethic and leadership
- Strong analytical/quantitative proficiency, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Keen interest in financial markets, financial institutions and in particular the leveraged loan and CLO market
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to synthesize complex ideas
- Strong quantitative skills, including advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team structure in a fast-paced, hard-working environment
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task quickly and efficiently
- Ability to synthesize data from BlackRock’s proprietary analytical systems in a way that is easy to understand and relevant for client discussions
- High proficiency in Excel; ability to manipulate data in a spreadsheet
- Programming language skills are advantageous (e.g. VBA, Python, R)
- High proficiency in PowerPoint
- Comfort and ability to read, understand, distill and eventually negotiate complicated legal documents
- Self-starter who can work effectively and collaboratively with a team as well as independently, with a willingness to take ownership of projects when given the opportunity
- BA/BS Required
- 3-5 years of financial services or asset management experience
- Previous experience with the CLO product from an underwriting, structuring and marketing perspective or familiarity with the leveraged loan market is also helpful
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.