About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
HR at BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are building a world class HR team. This year BlackRock ranks 13th on HR Executive magazine’s top 50 companies Most Admired for HR; and tops this list for companies based in NYC.
Our HR Business Partners (HR BP) lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive outstanding performance of our talent and organizations. HR BP’s partner closely with business leaders to drive the BlackRock talent and diversity agenda, consult on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business. We serve as trusted advisors on all HR issues and as partners to the business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry.
This role will serve as an HR BP for the Aladdin Business within BlackRock Solutions, the investment management technology and analytics division of BlackRock.
BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin® product is an operating system for investment managers that connects the information, people and technology needed to manage money in real time. The Aladdin platform combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale. Learn more at https://www.blackrock.com/aladdin
Consult and Partner with the Business
- Provide informed strategic partnership and execution to senior business leaders to ensure that their talent strategy, goals and priorities are driven by business needs and aligned with the firm-wide HR agenda.
- Gain and maximize a full understanding of the client’s objectives and talent implications.
- Support the business with organizational change and development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Partner with the business on all key talent decisions, providing HR advice and expertise, tailored for specific business needs. Leverage subject matter experts form the wider HR functions as appropriate.
- Analyze and present relevant metrics and insights to the business to drive the focus and execution of strategy.
- Support the clients with navigating change, developing solutions and tailoring HR programs to support employee engagement and retention.
- Reinforce and evolve BlackRock’s culture as a key foundation of our success
- Collaborate and develop high-performing partnerships with the broader HR BP team, Recruiting, Legal, Talent, Finance and other internal key relationships critical for success.
- Develop and present on key HR-related issues as needed.
- Help define and execute the annual talent and diversity agenda, including engagement, development, recruiting, and Inclusion & Diversity priorities and objectives.
- Support and advise clients in the execution of BlackRock’s annual talent practices, including compensation, performance management, talent review, succession planning and promotion
- Facilitate talent and succession planning discussions and drive implementation of plans.
- Partner with the Talent Management team to assess, define and execute the development needs of assigned businesses
- Work with the business and Talent Acquisition team to ensure delivery of prioritized, effective hiring plans, attracting the most talented, skilled and diverse workforce by cost effectively leveraging BlackRock’s strong employer brand.
- Partner with the Employee Relations team, legal counsel, and other key stakeholders on the identification, escalation, risk mitigation and resolution of employee relations issues.
Compensation & Benefits
- Take a leadership role in the application of the firm’s reward philosophy
- Partner with Compensation teams on the execution of the annual compensation cycle as well as identified compensation issues throughout the year.
Employee Shared Services
- Support the delivery of effective and efficient Employee Shared Services through a detailed understanding of HR Operations, guiding clients on what we offer and connecting them with internal subject matter experts to assist with specific situations as necessary.
- Minimum of 8 years HR experience in a global, matrixed, fast paced environment, preferably as a Relationship Manager / Business Partner
- Experience working across cultures in a matrixed environment required
- Demonstrated expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, shaping organizational strategy, goals and alignment
- Experience working across the various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting and talent management
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a fast-paced, global corporate environment; commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Experience analyzing and presenting data and findings and reports back to the business
- BA/BS degree; certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise preferred
- Proficiency with windows applications required
- Strong client relationship management and consulting
- Partners across a matrix and region easily, shares relevant information readily
- Ability to think critically, logically and analytically
- Demonstrates and models highly effective leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Capable of rapidly building strong, effective and trusted relationships and networks
- Creates and inspires trust and openness amongst colleagues and clients together with a reputation for high personal integrity
- Highly motivated, energizing and inspiring others to seek higher levels of performance
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Comfortable ‘owning’ the detail as well as thinking strategically
- Capable of flexing solutions to changing demands: anticipating the local, regional, global impact
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated interest in financial services, investing, operations and asset management
- Commitment to high standards of excellence and high personal integrity
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.