About this role The BlackRock Human Resources team strives to transform the human resources function in the same way we are transforming access to financial well-being. We are students of the market and technology that are passionate about finding, growing and retaining the best talent
About this role
The BlackRock Human Resources team strives to transform the human resources function in the same way we are transforming access to financial well-being. We are students of the market and technology that are passionate about finding, growing and retaining the best talent to help deliver on the firm’s purpose to help more people build a strong financial future.
Our HR Business Partners live our values, understand how our culture comes to life, and possess a deep knowledge of the business and delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive outstanding performance. You will learn the investments business and culture inside and out so that you are able to provide strategic HR partnership to the business leaders and the teams you support to enhance their growth and impact. The role will work closely with senior management in investments groups on high-impact engagement activities, with a heavy focus on employee experience and inclusion-related initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a passion for solving complex challenges and gets excited about driving innovation through technology to address talent priorities. You will work on key initiatives and projects in areas such as organizational design, employee relations, culture, diversity, and leadership development, as well as facilitating the annual talent management processes as part of a global investments business partner team. This is a great opportunity to be a true owner in a fast-paced, growing, environment, helping people to successfully join and then thrive in our unique purpose driven culture.
We’ll trust you to:
- Play a role in the design and execution of workforce plans and organizational development strategies, in support of our business strategy and operational objectives.
- Provide advice and guidance on performance management including leadership development, accelerated development, succession planning, coaching talent reviews, and terminations.
- Support the business with organizational change and development as necessary, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Partner with senior leadership and recruiting to develop hiring plans that support business objectives and advance the business and functions.
- Advance diversity and inclusion efforts for the business.
- Partner effectively with the Investments HR Business Partner team based in San Francisco, Princeton, New York, Asia and London.
Your clients/colleagues will depend on you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and design and implement a relevant and commercial strategy.
- Establish an effective partnership with business leaders as a tenured business partner capable across key talent decisions, providing advice and expertise, tailored for specific business needs.
- Drive informed decision making by using data to identify trends; work with business leaders to determine root cause of issues and develop organizational effective solutions.
- Understand and take an influencing role in the application of the Firm’s Reward Philosophy through proactive consultation with the client and partnership with the compensation team to drive a meritocracy.
- Effectively leverage the wider HR function and specifically partner with other Business Partners, ER, Talent Acquisition and the Talent Team to execute business priorities and solutions
You need to have:
- Ideally approximately 7+ years of HR business partner, talent or generalist experience, ideally working in a high paced environment.
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data.
- Demonstrated experience building strong, effective and trusted relationships and networks.
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, global corporate environment; commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Ability to work effectively across multiple geographies and partners
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust and openness amongst colleagues and clients together with a reputation for high personal integrity.
- Expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design
- A highly motivated, energizing attitude that inspires others to seek higher levels of performance.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.