Vice President, Global Market Intelligence Specialist
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 May 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Global Market Intelligence is a part of Corporate Strategy and is responsible for analyzing the financial services competitive landscape and providing insights along with supportive data to business teams across BlackRock to help shape strategic thinking.
Based in New York, this role will be responsible for analyzing competitive and industry trends across the investment and client segments in global asset management and translating this analysis into meaningful insights that will impact decision making. This is a highly visible role that will require competitor and industry subject matter expertise, an ability to analyze large sets of data, interpret trends and generate insights. In addition, the role requires strong communication skills to articulate findings and insights with key business partners across the firm.
- Analyze trends and results of industry and media related data across the global asset management industry, including Mutual Funds, ETFs, and Alternatives along with client segments in Retail and Institutional
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data points into insights and recommendation summaries
- Perform research on key competitors and emerging topical trends
- Partner with Corporate Strategy and Senior business leaders on strategic projects as a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape and provide analytic support for key metrics and trends
- Participate in market insights projects and proactively share results via presentations and written summaries to key business partners
- Foster relationships with business groups to enable collaboration and information sharing
- Produce on-going reporting and summaries for internal use across various business teams
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience preferred
- The ideal candidate will be currently operating in a similar role analyzing trends across the financial services market and translating into insights
- Excellent analytic and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of intellectual ability combined with a lateral-thinking, creative and enquiring mind
- Ability to assimilate and interpret data from various sources and make recommendations using a combination of commercial judgement and analytic insight
- Experience in working with large sets of data and a proven ability to synthesize to isolate trends
- Strong communication skills, both verbal presentation and written to share insights with key partners
- Comfortable working with multiple levels across the organization, including support of senior leadership
- Experience in summarizing analysis into succinct written briefs/presentations as a narrative
- Enjoys working in cross-functional teams and developing collegial relationships
- Demonstrates curiosity around macro trends and current events
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.