Vice President, Fixed Income ETF Product Architect
Description About this role About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. EII Fixed Income Product - FI ETF Product and Platform Architect
We are seeking to hire a Fixed Income ETF Product Architect. This product development and management role is part of the U.S. ETF Product Engineering ("PrE") team which is responsible for designing and launching new ETFs and for enhancing existing ETFs to ensure they meet iShares' high standards for performance and quality.
This role is responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing quality management of U.S.-listed fixed income ETFs and includes regular communication with senior EII management as well as the development of presentation content supporting board proposals to launch new, and enhance existing, fixed income products.
This Fixed Income Product and Platform Architect role is part of the iShares Markets and Investments teams. The iShares Markets and Investments teams drive investment integrity and market quality in BlackRock's ETFs and index portfolios. Together these teams build and operate the world's most scalable indexing and ETF engine. This role is responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing quality management of U.S.-listed fixed income ETFs and includes regular communication with senior EII management as well as the development of presentation content supporting board proposals to launch new, and enhance existing, fixed income products. This role is responsible for driving the operating strategy, design and implementation of our Global Fixed Income ETFs. The role includes regular communication with senior Fixed Income ETF Management on new and existing Fixed Income Product and Platform initiatives.
The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of fixed income securities, markets, investment products and portfolio construction. The prospective candidate must also be able to lead cross-functional teams and initiatives across Portfolio Management, Global Markets, Product Strategy, Risk and Quantitative Analysis, Legal and Compliance as well as with external collaborators.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues across the global iShares and Product organizations to foster collaboration and draw competitive advantages from the iShares global footprint
- Lead and leverage the expertise of cross-functional teams from Portfolio Management, Global Markets, Risk and Quantitative Analysis (RQA), Legal, Compliance, Tax, and Fund Administration teams as well as external parties such as custodians, index providers, broker dealers, and clients
- Develop and apply knowledge of U.S. and international legal, regulatory, and capital markets requirements and procedures related to exchange traded funds
- Identify and drive effective decision-making related to product, investment process, and operating model design tradeoffs.
- 3-7+ years of experience in financial services with experience in fixed income markets, product development, portfolio management, risk management, and/or product strategy
- BA/BS in finance, economics or other related field; MBA, MFE and/or CFA credential a plus
- Experience in fixed income ETF product development, product structuring, product origination or financial product management is highly desired
- An understanding of fixed income securities, portfolio construction, and trading
- Experience in leading teams and projects throughout the stages of the development lifecycle, and ability to understand and manage dependencies appropriately
- Strong business judgment and decision-making with a fiduciary and solution-oriented mindset
- High intellectual curiosity with strong interest and ability to learn and apply
- Strong leader and team player with high integrity and emotional intelligence.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.