- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President, FP&A Lead Analyst - Citi Ventures
Vice President, FP&A Lead Analyst - Citi Ventures
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19024748
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) supplies the Citi CEO, CFO and other senior management with analysis and insight into Citi's financial results and projections. Through this analysis, the team facilitates decision making at a senior level to drive performance in each of Citi's products, regions and global functions and for use with external analysts and investors.
Citi Ventures' mission is to drive customer-focused innovation and cultural transformation that delivers new growth and value for Citi. The team is divided into the following practice areas:
• Venture Investing: Creating value for our business through investing, in order to actively scout and develop the most promising technologies, and accelerate adoption within Citi.
• Discovery10X: Accelerating our competitive advantage by working with the businesses to design, build and commercialize breakthrough innovations centered on end-to-end client experiences.
Innovation & Strategic Partnerships: Creates and nurtures an external and internal network of innovation experts to conduct early-stage research and experimentation with disruptive technologies that have the potential to shape Citi's future.
• Assist in managing Citi Ventures' financial forecasting and strategic planning; prepare monthly/quarterly review package with trends and variance analysis; monitor project expenses and operating costs
• Work closely with Discovery10X on project prioritization, funding arrangement and performance tracking; prepare regular updates to Citi's seniors
• Review of current processes and forecast models to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Provide various financial analyses and present to senior management team in Citi Ventures and Finance organization
• Work closely with Controller and Accounting Policy to ensure sound accounting practices for Citi Ventures' investments and initiatives
• Regularly work with the CFOs of portfolio companies in reviewing financial results; coordinate quarterly performance review; conduct due diligence and fair value assessments
• Change agent mentality to drive for process enhancements and simplification; demonstrated ability to lead short term projects
• Strong MS Excel skills and knowledge of Essbase a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a balance of assertiveness and discretion to be a credible and sought after resource
• Ability to translate complex financial schedules into meaningful analysis and presentations
• Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and assist with decision making.
• Ability to build key cross-functional and cross-business relationships
• Create a consolidated review of all current and required processes for Citi Ventures FP&A
• Provide continuous insight on how ongoing reporting functions and processes can be improved
• Drive process changes to enhance the efficiency of the financial reporting cycle and increase the value of contents provided to management.
• Exposure/understanding of main ideas that might reshape how Citi operates in the short/medium term
• Understanding of the role of the FP&A within the overall Citigroup Finance organization
• Consistent exposure to senior FP&A leadership
• Partnership and information sharing with Global Function FP&A team
• Enhanced communication style to adapt to both Finance and business teams
• Management of multiple work streams occurring in parallel and in partnership with business, finance and other support groups
• B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related discipline. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant finance/business/accounting experience. Knowledge of banking products and experience in financial planning.
• Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and assist on decision making
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, including the ability to eliminate rework and inefficiencies to focus on value-enhancing activities
• Ability to build key relationships with professionals from diverse background.
• Excellent PC skills with ability to design and maintain financial models and to drive high quality financial presentations
• Highly interested in emerging technologies or innovation, and in constant learning
• Excellent communications skills (written / verbal) at all organizational levels.