Vice President, External Communications (Market Insights)
Description About this role What team will you be on?
The global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock is responsible for internal and external communications efforts that advance BlackRock's purpose of helping more and more people experience financial well-being. We work to develop compelling communications programs that enhance the firm's culture, drive growth, strengthen our reputation and build our brand. Why is your role important?
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team! As Vice President based in New York, you will be a critical team member responsible for developing and executing communications initiatives, including proactive commercially-oriented campaigns supporting BlackRock's Portfolio Management Group, U.S. Wealth Advisory business and the BlackRock Investment Institute. What will you be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Partnering closely with a wide range of internal stakeholders to help drive demand for BlackRock's commercial priorities and to promote BlackRock's investment and market views.
- Developing strong working relationships with business/financial and trade media across channels (print, broadcast, digital and social).
- Pursuing proactive press and broadcast opportunities tying back to the firm's priorities in the U.S. across equities, fixed income, multi-asset, and portfolio construction.
- Driving further awareness of BlackRock's capabilities among financial advisors.
- Collaborating with communications colleagues across the globe to understand the work the team does-externally and internally-to inform and shape commercial programs.
- 7-10 years' experience in corporate communications or journalism within the financial services industry and/or agency.
- Understanding of the asset management industry, investment products and strategies, capital markets and issues facing institutional and retail investors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop close relationships with influential journalists and media specializing in financial markets, with a particular focus on broadcast.
- A team-player and self-starter, with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and operate with flexibility in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.