Vice President, Due Diligence
Brookfield Asset Management
(www.brookfield.com) is searching for a Vice President to join the Brookfield 's Private Funds Group Diligence Group in New York to manage diligence analytics and initiatives. This individual will play a critical role in supporting the positioning and promotion of BAM funds and products through overseeing the completion of Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs), About Brookfield Asset Management
Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over US$500 billion of assets under management across real estate, infrastructure, private equity and credit (via affiliate Oaktree Capital Management). Building on an investment history that stretches back to 1899, Brookfield owns and operates long- life assets and businesses, many of which form the backbone of today's global economy. Utilizing its global reach, access to large-scale capital and operational expertise, the Firm offers a range of investment products and services to investors around the world - including public and private pension plans, endowments and foundations, financial institutions, insurance companies and private wealth. About the Brookfield Private Funds Group
The Brookfield Private Funds Group is part of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and is comprised of a global team of more than 80 professionals located in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. The primary focus of the Private Funds Group is to market Brookfield's private funds to institutional investors worldwide. To date, the private funds platform has raised more than $150 billion, including $43 billion from Brookfield. About the Position
The Private Funds Group is seeking a Vice President with a minimum of 5 years of financial services - related experience, preferably in a diligence or RFP capacity. The Manager will be a part of a team that provides project management services to drive global capital raising efforts for Brookfield's private investment vehicles . This position will involve working on multiple projects at one time employing a range of skillsets. This position is located in New York. Responsibilities
• Play integral role in business development and client retention initiatives by overseeing both the qualitative (written) and quantitative diligence analytics function.
• Includes the implementation and maintenance of firm-wide data and text-based collection processes that further ensure the full suite of (textual and quantitative) diligence materials are available to support third-party fundraising and ongoing investor rel ations for BAM's clients. Other/specifics:
• Oversee and approve the production of written proposals for format, technical accuracy, copy editing, and tone, etc. in line with previously approved BAM messaging.
• Ensure best practices are implemented in all o f BAM's data collection and management processes for the purpose of completing the various required routine and ad-hoc diligence reports and formats.
• Supervise process by which various firm-wide Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) own, update and input strategic written and quantitative materials.
• Oversee the collection and maintenance of certain critical quantitative diligence information in a format appropriate for each investment strategy and in conjunction with the appropriate people at the business group or IR level.
• The Vice President will be e xpected to be able to work directly and effectively with all of the firm's SMEs and business groups, to write and maintain original and technical product-specific content
• Must ensure that all work and content is effectively customized for specific needs and situations as needed.
• Will be expected to become a communications expert on the firms' products and investment strategies and be able to convey their relative attractiveness in written and quantitative form
• The Diligence Group will be expected to handle a high volume of requests simultaneously, efficiently and productively.
• Projects and outputs will be used for both new business development and client service/IR efforts and include both standard and customized RFPs, RFIs, Onboarding Questionnaires, and client DDQs
• Manage the written and quantitative "gold copy" answers Requirements
• Demonstrated effectiveness at consensus building and project management across complex, global alternative asset managers
• 2-5 years in an RFP completion / writer role
• Particular expertise with and/or sustained exposure to alternative investments
• Ideally project management experience of RFP/RFI process at large alts manager
• Minimum of 5 years of financial services-related experience
• Team player with positive attitude and pro-active approach to work
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment under tight and competing deadlines
• Self-motivated individual with a high level of attention to detail
• Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively
• Intellectual Curiosity with ability to anticipate timeline readiness
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Loopio
• Analytical and quantitative skills and comfortable with financial concepts
• Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships and work with professionals around the organization
• CFA, MBA preferred