Vice President, Compensation Operations
Description About this role
As Vice President within BlackRock's Reward Operations department, this individual will work with a team of HR professionals in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will partner across HR, Finance and our Technology Platforms teams to deliver: Operational support of our compensation programs; reporting and analytics support for our end to end compensation and budget processes; and project management and leadership of key compensation initiatives including the critical year-end compensation processes. Key Job Responsibilities:
Leadership of the Compensation Operations team, with responsibility for:
Skills and Requirements:
- Key partner to our Compensation Partners in understanding and providing operational support across the Compensation lifecycle
- Monthly financial forecast, monthly accrual and annual processes, including, corporate bonus pool allocation, compensation reviews, firmwide year end reporting and analytics, and the annual compensation budgeting process
- Partner closely with HR Platform & Analytics Team to deliver business level and firmwide reporting requirements, and ensure data is high quality through regular reconciliations and audits
- Functional ownership of the Compensation Recommendation System:
- Preparation and readiness for the annual compensation cycle
- Reconciliations to ensure data integrity
- Continuous focus on enhancements to system functionality to improve the end user experience
- Project management leadership and support for all aspects of annual compensation processes and key initiatives throughout the year, including development and delivery of effective communication plans to key stakeholder groups
- Direct management of 5 employees, with a focus on team development, cross training and knowledge building
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent);
- Compensation experience is required (financial services and/or consulting experience preferred);
- Significantly advanced proficiency in MS Excel (e.g. INDEX MATCH; complex SUMIFS; Power Query)
- Able to deal with complex financial/compensation
- Experience with Human Resources Systems (e.g., Workday) preferred;
- Strong project management experience, attention to detail and ability to multitask with often competing priorities;
- Excellent communication skills. Able to express complex thoughts clearly and convincingly in writing, in-person, and in group settings;
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information and prudence when interacting with senior-level leaders;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.