- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President, Compensation Lead Analyst
Vice President, Compensation Lead Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18052589
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Provides compensation consultation and support for Finance
- Approximate coverage area ~ 5,000 global employees
- Provide HR partnership/consultation and respond to inquiries from HR Generalists and managers on Compensation, HRMS, reward and recognition related issues.
- Applies tactical in-depth technical expertise in Compensation principles, practices and procedures in the completion of complex assignments with potential for broad business impact.
- Partners and consults with HR Business Partners and/or directly with clients and external consultants to implement and deliver projects.
- Collaborates with other disciplines such as tax, legal, finance, treasury and technology.
- Manages multiple projects across multiple work streams.
- Core responsibilities include:
- Coordination of annual compensation process for salary review, bonuses and stock awards;
- Conduct benchmarking, market, and internal equity analysis;
- Perform targeted bonus and stock analysis;
- Serve as a reference for salary recommendations;
- Perform job evaluations
- Management of Special projects as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and technical expertise of compensation policies, practices, and administration
- Has implemented compensation programs, policies, and procedures, and executed complex assignments
- Able to provide compensation advice and guidance to Human Resources Generalists and business clients, and independently negotiate solutions with clients
- Stays abreast of developments within the compensation community
- Able to represent Citi as a subject manager expert in compensation forums, round tables, and with competitors
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Oral and written communication skills; including working with senior management
- Project management
- Able to work independently (limited in-person interaction)
- Solid business acumen
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Customer service orientation
- Flexible demeanor and the demonstrated ability to work as a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Word (basic)
- MS Access (Intermediate)
- PowerPoint (Intermediate)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Peoplesoft or Compensation system experience
- Bachelor's degree (or five years equivalent experience) preferably in a technical area, (e.g., math, statistics, economics)
- 3+ years prior experience in a Finance, Compensation, HRMS or Generalist function.
- Prefer candidate with global experience in Financial Services.
- Well versed with prior experience managing HR policies and practices
- Prefer candidate with experience working with large data sets
- HRMS experience (Peoplesoft and/or other systems for compensation planning)
- Experience designing and conducting audits of data