Vice President, CDS Pricing
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
IHS Markit has an opening for a CDS Pricing Lead in our Manhattan Office. This opening provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with leadership, OTC market (preferably CDS), and data management experience. We are looking for a motivated candidate to help support the needs of our North American Client base, work with other team members around the globe and further develop Markit’s CDS and Clearing Services. There will be requirements to establish working relationships with our sell side contributors to ensure we operate smoothly, as well as a need to liaise with the sales team on Product specifics.
Duties & accountabilities
- Responsible for supporting and supervising the day-to-day running of Markit's CDS, Index pricing service, & Clearing services
- Will be required to gain a broad knowledge of Markit's offerings and be able to speak effectively on them externally
- Liaising with and maintaining our relationships with the dealer trading desks, and IPV Teams to obtain the most up-to-date and accurate source pricing for derivative instruments
- Providing exceptional client service by responding to client questions and performing demonstrations of website functionality
- Will be required to build external relationships with clients
- Assessing the quality of data provided and removing data sources that do not pass rigorous data quality checks
- Responsible for data quality, cleaning algorithms and client/dealer price challenges
- Generating metrics and reports on the quality of composite data
- Will propose and help implement process improvements to realize synergies within the processes used across Markit's pricing products
Education and experiences
- Candidate should have 5+ years work experience.
- University Degree (minimum Bachelor) in a quantitative discipline.
- Commercial Awareness
- Understanding of financial markets, knowledge of and exposure to OTC products is essential.
- Managerial requirements
- Supervisory experience of a team
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and quantitative skills. Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. Must be proficient in Excel. Knowledge of SQL, VBA and other programming languages advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with teams, senior members of the organization and clients. Strong work ethic characterized by a ‘make it happen’ attitude.
- Team player attitude is vital for the role. This includes giving and receiving constructive feedback, as well as a deadline-orientated approach to group projects.