Vice President, Brand Strategy
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is looking for a Marketing Strategist to join our global Marketing Strategy & Innovation (MSI) team. This is a role that sits at the centre of one of BlackRock’s most exciting and firm wide strategic priorities as the firm looks to build the brand. As such this role will require a passion for connecting business strategy with brand thinking to create actionable strategic marketing ideas. The successful candidate will have a creative and entrepreneurial drive and be excited to work in a fast paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. The successful candidate will be able to effectively assist and/or lead on multiple projects and will thrive on providing clarity of thought when dealing with complex marketing challenges.
- Work as part of the Global Marketing Strategy & Innovation team to support the Global Marketing Executive Committee, Business Heads and regional marketing teams in the development and delivery of the overall marketing and brand strategy. This will involve:
- Leading and supporting the delivery of key marketing and brand strategy projects including business briefing, strategic development, proposed solution & recommendations, presentation of work, approval & sign-off, through to implementation.
- Gathering research and leading group working sessions with stakeholders where necessary to uncover audience and competitor insight.
- Translating business objectives, insights and cultural trends to underpin strategic solutions, ideas and recommendations.
- Taking a lead role in the production of marketing and creative briefs to external agencies with a focus on proposition development across multiple business products, services and themes.
- Management of business stakeholders throughout the strategic process, presenting work, managing their expectations and ensuring their voice is heard and business needs are met.
- On-going management of agencies and suppliers providing strategic steer and direction to their work.
- Marketing thought-leadership; leading a pro-active approach to bringing forward opportunistic and innovative ideas proactively to taking advantage of new technologies, pop-culture and current events.
- Working with Marketing Insights team, Digital Marketing, Media Planning & Creative Services to ensure consistency in the brand positioning and experience across all business and media channels.
The successful candidate will:
- 5–6 years’ experience in brand strategy/account planning with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills either client or agency side.
- Wealth of understanding of the trends shaping consumer behaviour today and in the future.
- The ability to simplify research and strategic thinking.
- A curious mind and fascinated by human behaviour, social trends, and how ideas influence people.
- An ability to understand, interpret and use complex and varied sources of data and statistics.
- A natural ability to apply creative thinking to business problems.
- Proven to be capable of guiding and nurturing creative work that meets business briefs.
- Have a strong team ethic with a can-do attitude.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.