Vice President, Asset Servicing Operations & Technology Communications and Engagement
The Global Operations & Technology (GOT) Relations Team architects key messages and leads the strategy for communications to elevate and drive awareness of GOT's critical role to key stakeholders, clients, and the market, while transforming culture by driving employee connectivity and experience. GOT Relations is comprised of a core center team and embedded GOT Comms and Engagement Leads who are aligned to the business.
As a GOT C&E Lead you will be responsible for carrying out all GOT Relations activities in your line of business. You will report to the COO of Asset Servicing Operations Technology with matrixed reporting into the Global Head of Technology Relations.
Leadership and Governance:
- Lead the Embedded GOT Comms and Engagement Function for ASOT and oversee the planning, analysis, delivery and integration of projects
- Develops the strategic and key narratives for Asset Servicing Ops and Tech (ASOT)
- Creates the framework for deployment of messaging, and governs content and flow to drive penetration, continuity, transparency, and understanding across ASOT and elevate to GOT
- Oversees and professionalizes the ASOT executive brand and elevates the organization's executive reporting in alignment with GOT Relations
- Governs the distribution of key ASOT materials across BNY Mellon
- Attends ASOTs Leadership Meetings
- Serves as ASOT's key liaison to the Global Operations and Technology (GOT) Relations organization
Internal Relations and People Experience:
- Serves as a member of the GOT Relations Comms & Engagement Forum- attending all relevant meetings, ensuring ASOT's key representation to the division center
- Deploys the strategic, ASOT messages created in partnership ASOT Leadership
- Owns the Comms and Events calendar for ASOT
- Attends the GOT Relations C&E Forum- ensuring we are well represented and connected to the center
- Owns the governance of all ASOT comms across BNYM to ensure continuity and partners with Asset Servicing Comms and Marketing to ensure our messages are aligned with GOT Top of House
- Plans and facilitates ASOT divisional Town Halls, Open Mics, and All Hands Meetings. Partners with GOT Relations to represent ASOT experts in org-wide events such as Lunch and Learns and Fireside Chats
- Owns internal and external Thought Leadership for ASOT, intentionally evangelizing our stories of transformation, innovation, and business delivery
- Produces content for the GOTWire on behalf of ASOT, which is the destination for GOT news to drive awareness of engagement
- Co-creates and operationalizes the ASOT People Experience strategy aligned to the GOT People Experience strategy, partnering with GOT Relations and HR to drive cultural transformation in ASOT
- Utilizes employee listening and engagement analytics (Peakon) to drive ASOT Employee Engagement
- Hosts Courageous Conversations across ASOT
- Manages ASOT recognition and awards (WOW/Best in Class)
- Reports on ASOT comms and events analytics, gleaning insights to drive strategic/intentional comms
- Partners with GOT Relations to identify key opportunities in the industry to shine a light on the leadership, initiatives and innovations across ASOT
- Manages external relations support (media, interviews, speaking engagements, social) on behalf of ASOT in partnership with GOT Relations
- Support the management of database for ASOT industry opportunities for external awards and conferences and drives ASOT award submission
- Work with GOT External Relations to manage opportunities across the division
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Ability to create vision and strategy, but also, and equally important to carry through to execution - thinkers and doers
- Proactive and self-motivated to work ahead of deadlines, doing what it takes to do the job well and above expectation
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and deep organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- An understanding of C-Suite needs / understands the need for accuracy and expediency
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of experience preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Strong in writing and editing.
- Executive presentation and reporting experience.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with internal and external outreach, social media and collaboration tools is preferred.
- Background in a corporate or agency communications setting is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: