Vice President - Investment Banking - Media, Communications & Information Services
Jefferies Media, Communications and Information Services (MCIS) Group is a highly energetic, successful and versatile group providing a full suite of advisory and capital markets capabilities to clients across a number of Wall Street Journal- worthy sectors, including media, entertainment, data and information services, marketing services, Internet infrastructure, satellite, wireline and wireless services, among others. The Global MCIS Group consists of a small team of approximately 15 bankers focused on providing services to clients in these industries in North America, Europe and Asia. The MCIS Group has tremendous momentum having executed over  transactions per year on average over the last three years. The Group is not top heavy with only 3 NY-based Managing Directors covering the entire Media, Communications, and Information Services sectors which leaves plenty of room for career progression. Given the convergence of the Groupâ€™s sub-sectors with the technology, business services and consumer end markets the MCIS Group often partners with other sectors on its transactions which collaboration is welcomed within Jefferies. Position:
The Global MCIS team is actively looking for an experienced Vice President for our New York office to help support the MCIS industry coverage team. The candidate will be working closely with senior members of the busy MCIS Group to pitch and execute M&A, equity and equity linked, leverage finance and restructuring and recapitalization deal activity. The candidate will also have the opportunity to learn how to be a calling officer and will ultimately have the ability to call on private and public companies over the next several years. Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead the execution of equity and debt financings, M&A, and restructuring and recapitalization transactions.
- Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable companies analyses.
- Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, including offering memoranda, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, lender presentations, and prospectuses.
- Analyze detailed corporate and financial information, as well as conduct due diligence.
- Develop client relationships through deal execution and pitching.
- Over time, take coverage responsibility for one or more industry verticals
These responsibilities afford direct and active interaction with the senior executive management teams of our clients. Qualifications Required Background:
Desired Experience Skills:
- Either (i) an MBA plus 3+ years of investment banking experience as an Associate or (ii) a bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited college or university plus 5+ years of investment banking; relevant advisory and media & telecom / industry experience will also be considered.
- Experience in TMT, specifically media and / or technology, is a plus, but not mandatory
- Currently living in New York, or willing to relocate.
- Excellent financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and accounting skills / knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to lead a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful self-starter; able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated team player and leader.