Vice President - Financial Institutions Group
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,300 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners. Overview of Role
The Financial Institutions Group in New York focuses on mergers & acquisitions as well as selective equity, debt and general corporate financial advisory engagements across the insurance, asset management, and bank and non-bank financial sectors. The rapidly growing team plays a critical role in contributing to the strong development of the firm in North America which is a core pillar of our global growth strategy and key to maintaining our reputation as a global leading independent advisory investment bank. You will be an integral member of client and deal teams on all assignments, ranging from marketing initiatives, client development and cultivation of public and private corporate clients (C-suite and boards of directors) and private equity sponsors to the hands on execution of M&A, sell side and buy sides transactions. Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications
- Ensure efficient management and coordination between clients, senior bankers and junior teams
- Simultaneously work on multiple transactions with various project teams on all critical aspects of transactions, ranging from client development and initial opportunity evaluation to transaction strategy and execution
- Lead teams in the preparation of financial analyses and financial models required for evaluating and completing such transactions, as well as client presentations, information memoranda and offering documents
- Proactively identify new business opportunities for Rothschild Global Advisory and new ideas for our clients that advance their strategic objectives
- Assist in the marketing of our services and capabilities with other members of Rothschild, both within and outside the United States
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree in Finance with prior experience, preferred
- Prior experience of the above-referenced work in an investment banking role, preferably in a top tier firm
- Quantitative and analytical skills to develop corporate financial models and valuations; deep understanding of financial statement analysis
- Experience with preparing and participating in client presentations, managing projects and the execution of transactions
- Knowledge of the relevant financial and regulatory environments that surrounds the US and global M&A markets
- Ability to build trusted client relationships and be a primary, value-additive contact person and to the client
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think on their feet and manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build a strong working environment within the team, across lines of business and across different geographies, as well as a commitment to developing junior bankers to enhance team productivity
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Rothschild North America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Disabled/Veterans
Notice of applicant rights
Notice of applicant rights (Supplement)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this career website.