Vice President - Data and Analytics
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Corporate Services provides best-in-class commercial services for the Firm and our employees to enable productivity, efficiency and an enhanced employee experience. We deliver standardized services which can be scaled globally and delivered locally. We have over 400 employees supported by more than 5,500 vendor staff managing a multi-billion dollar scope of services including Real Estate Services, Property Management; Corporate Travel & Meetings Management and Corporate Information Management; Corporate Security & Investigations; and Office of the COO. These services are delivered across 30+ countries in the Americas, EMEA and Asia regions.
BUSINESS INFORMATION AND ANALYTICS
• Connect users with information to create ideas and capital
• Provide high-quality, business research ranging in complexity from retrieving company documents to delivering focused thematic market intelligence such as economic and business trends.
DATA and ANALYTICS
• Create and maintain content for infrastructure library
• Provide business ready output to key stakeholders
• Utilize industry knowledge to procure non-real time information resources, while ensuring the best resources are selected, proper usage rights are obtained, correct user access is maintained and the best pricing is negotiated.
• Provide an Enterprise Wide Translation framework for both machine and manual translations.
What You'll Be Doing
In this role on the Business Information and Analytics (BIA) team, you will report directly to the global head of Business Information and Analytics.
Manage the day to day activities of the Data and Analytics global service and interact with key business stakeholders to define, expand and manage core activities. The role will be multifaceted, including direct oversight of consulting resources and contributing to and executing multi-year department strategy.
• Build Analytics capabilities to support the strategic direction of the banker analyst role
• Partner with strategic vendor(s) in delivering global Analytics and integrating productivity tools
• Automate predicable and repeatable tasks such as large-scale data collection from web and company documents to help drive banker efficiency
• Standardize products into a central Library (Knowledge Management)
• Expand and evolve current book of work; News letters, Pitchbook/Presentations Integration, Financial Modeling/Valuation, Dashboards, etc.
• Create and maintain best in class infrastructure artifacts
• Work with Research and Creative teams deliver business ready products Qualifications:
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate these core competencies:
• Business Acumen: Understanding of front office process and banker analyst workflow
• Team Management: Build and drive a high-performance team, leadership abilities with people management qualities
• Process Driven: methodological thinker with a focus on detail, critical thinking and translation of business needs into actionable items
• Effective Communication: work closely with valued stakeholders on business requirements, comfortable running discussions and influencing outcomes
• Execution: Ability to develop, socialize and implement solutions; collate and refine requirements into detailed tasks and deliverables
To be successful in this role, you will have these technical skills, degree(s) or knowledge:
• Understand the Business Information lifecycle; delivery of research and database knowledge
• Experience in Financial Services in a front office leadership role
• Comfortable in a high paced environment; coordinate priorities as per business needs
• Resourceful, independent and a self-starter
• Proficient with MSOffice suite with an emphasis on Excel for automation
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Finance, Math, Computer Science but not limited to
To be successful in this role, you will have additional experience in or are required to:
• Basic programming concepts - Python
• Understanding of Agile methodology
• Valuation modeling
• Librarian sciences
• Broad understanding of Data Warehouse, feeds and concepts
• Data Visualization Tools (DVT): Modern reporting tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.) that allow for creation of dashboard style reporting for internal clients
Take a Peek at Where You'll Be Working
• Competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
• Expansive health benefits coverage
• Flexible working arrangements (dependent on role & job responsibilities)
• Access to a wide range of work and life services covering family care, elder care, education, shopping discounts, financial products, and health & wellness
• Ability to grow and shape your career with career development and training resources (online and custom programs) as well as mobility support within the department and Firm
• Opportunity for networking, relationship-building, mentorship, and educational sessions across different teams in the division
• Teambuilding, social, and community activities such as team socials, holiday celebrations, Quiz Night fundraisers, volunteer events, and more
• A diverse and inclusive workplace that supports Firm wide and divisional employee networks, event programming, and access to continuing education and awareness
• A culture that is underpinned by our five core values:
- Do The Right Thing (Acting with integrity and valuing and rewarding honesty and character)
- Put Clients First (Keeping the client's interest first and working together to deliver the best of the Firm)
- Lead With Exceptional Ideas (Leveraging different perspectives and driving innovation)
- Commit to Diversity & Inclusion (Valuing individual and cultural differences as a defining strength)
- Give Back (Serving our communities generously with our expertise, time, and money) #LI-CM1