Vice President - Capital Markets Internal Auditor
The North America Hub is part of BNP Paribas' global Internal Audit group (Inspection Générale) which is staffed by highly qualified individuals who perform high quality risk-based reviews of the Business, providing assurance, and when adequate advice management to anticipate and understand otherwise unexpected risks and put in place the adequate mitigating controls.
The Internal Audit team helps senior management to protect the company's reputation by avoiding financial and reputational damage. Where it is too late to prevent failure, the team investigates the problem, helps management deal with the after effects and establish guards against re-occurrence. Headquartered in New York, the North America Hub has primary audit responsibility for BNP Paribas' Corporate and Investment Banking activities in the United States. The audit approach follows practices prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). Responsibilities:
BNP Paribas is seeking a candidate for a Vice President position in its Inspection Générale - North America Hub (Internal Audit) as a member of the Market Activities team, in charge of Capital Markets and some associated Support Functions. The qualified candidate will play an active role in the Internal Audit team, performing risk-based audit reviews and recommending solutions to identified issues and problems within the organisation.
The successful candidate will join a team of high calibre professionals and will get exposure to a full range of Investment Banking Products and Services. In addition to on the job training, each team member receives up to 10 days of first class internal and external training a year and funding for professional qualifications.
This opportunity offers high levels of senior exposure within an elite and established environment presenting great scope for career progression.
The team has also a solid track record of mobility within the business after 3 to 4 years spent in audit. Additional Responsibilities:
- Acquire a good understanding of the audited activities by showing initiative
- Employ analytical skills to analyse activities and processes using the BNP Paribas Audit Methodologies and Tools
- Occasionally lead audit assignments
- Validate the quality and reliability of the findings and deliverables
- Add value to the Business by raising relevant recommendations
- Write clear and concise reports with appropriate recommendations.
- Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and Internal Audit Management
- Manage time and priorities while performing the audit reviews
- Manage and train less senior members of the team
- Follow up issued audit recommendations and check proper implementation
- Investigate large incidents and fraud cases if and when necessary
- Improve personal and professional development by keeping up-to-date with changes in financial services and products and attending training courses / preparing professional exams
- Adopt and promote good ethical values
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Other internal auditors in the team.
- Line and Senior Management of the auditable activities.
- Other internal audit teams in NY and occasionally in other locations (Canada, Brazil, Europe and Asia)
- External auditors and regulators in rare circumstances.
- At least 7 + years of Audit experience, with a focus on Capital Markets
- A strong understanding of the relevant risks and controls in areas such as Trading, Origination, Distribution, Sales, Order Management and Trade Execution, Compliance, Risk Management and Operations
- BS/BA (Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or other related field of study)
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills to clearly articulate issues to a wide audience.
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management.
- Accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent), CFA, FRM, Series 7, CIA.
- Big 4 experience (CPA preferred).