Vice President - Business Process Improvement & Reengineering
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture
Morgan Stanley Firm Risk Management Department is seeking a candidate for the Risk Data and Strategy team based in New York to focus as a Process Improvement Manager/Business Analyst covering Cross-Risk projects. This individual is responsible for the successful planning, execution and control of a portfolio of complex projects across Firm Risk Management, enforcing project governance to align IT projects with business strategy, as well as coordinating Firm Risk and cross-functional initiatives. Responsibilities:
• Plan and implement initiatives with a focus on process validation, process renovation, operational efficiency, and the associated controls to improve q-ality, reduce cost, and increase productivity resulting in significant business improvement and stakeholder satisfaction
• Facilitate working groups to develop requirements and drive process change using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, business analysis
• Analyze current process standards and metrics in order to provide solutions for improvements.
• Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts to develop process improvement requirements, appropriate recommendations and implementation plan, including performing data gathering, root cause analysis and performance trending in order to develop appropriate process control changes.
• Must have strong initiative and confidence to lead workshops and meetings
• Lead discussions to develop and maintain a strategic program roadmap, priorities, project plans and milestones by work-streams
• Ensure key risks and issues are identified, documented, mitigated and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner
• Provide status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives
• Act as a liaison and primary communication channel between appropriate Risk domain SMEs, Risk Technology on requirements, prioritization and execution
• Support Risk Data and Strategy team senior members in preparing senior management presentations *LI-FC1 Qualifications: Skills Required:
• 7 to 10 years'work experience in Risk management area
• Ability to manage multiple projects utilizing industry standard project management practices
• Experience within a financial institution or Top Tier consultant firm
• Solid understanding of risk management
• Strong oral and written presentation skills including graphic illustrations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of communicating clearly and concisely to various levels of audiences and to both business and IT
• Strong analytical skills and experience in dealing with complex data sets
• Demonstrated analytical, creative and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio Skills Desired:
• Understanding of regulatory requirements
• Proficiency with JIRA, Tableau *LI-FC1