Vice President – e-Rates IT Development Team Lead
- New York, NY, USA
- Full time, Permanent
- BNP Paribas
- 15 Mar 18
This person will manage a team of developers and a BA acting as the main interface between the US and UK trading desks and UK development team. This is not a hands-on coding role. The person will have strong functional knowledge of the business including product knowledge in the interest rates space (interest rate derivatives, MBS, etc.), and will understand and define solutions for the platform (ION). Front Office IT (preferably Dev or Application support background) and ION experience are required.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
e-Rates IT Development Teamdevelops functionality covering swaps, MBS, TIPS and UST on an in-house developed platform utilising ION gateways and backbone. The successful candidate will report directly to the head of Global Markets Front Office IT as well as G10 Rates desk heads and the head of the G10 rates business. On a global basis, they will also have a reporting line into the central development team in Europe and will work closely with managers, team leads and developers in London.
We’re seeking an experienced team lead to manage a small team of developers and BA’s dedicated to G10 Rates electronic trading.
- Management and mentoring of a team of developers and BA’s. Monitoring, motivating and appraising individuals
- Face off to our business sponsors and research teams. Be actively involved in strategy discussions, problem investigation/remediation and work prioritisation.
- Liaising with global dev counterparts and communicating local priorities and issues.
- Review of specifications, development and deployment efforts as part of a strongly governed SDLC
- Close engagement with the Application Production Support teams. Providing deep product support when needed.
- Budget and general team management, reporting to local and global IT management
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Math, Science or Engineering discipline
- Strong experience of the G10 rates business and products such as interest rate swaps, TBA/MBS, US Treasuries, TIPs, etc.
- At least 4 years’ experience of team management in a FO electronic trading environment. Experience of ION and trading venues such as Bloomberg, Trade web and Broker Tec
- Team player – ability to work globally and act as a single IT voice representing the global team to local sponsors.
- Good communications skills
- Software development experience preferably using Java
- Good awareness of regulations, data governance and cyber security
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Series 99 preferred, but training for the registration will be provided to the successful candidate if needed.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.