- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 20 Aug 18
Vice President/Director, Due Diligence, Private Fund Group, Asset Management
In its Asset Management (AM) business, Credit Suisse offers products across a broad spectrum of investment classes, including equities, fixed income, and alternative investments. Credit Suisse's AM business handles over $425 billion of assets for clients. These clients include governments, institutions, corporations and private individuals. In the New York office, our business focuses on alternative investment strategies, as well as capital raising by the Private Fund Group.
Our Private Fund Group (PFG) is the world's leading placement agent with three main lines of business.
- In our Primaries business, we raise capital for domestic and international direct investment firms, including private equity, buyout, real assets, credit/distressed, secondary, infrastructure and emerging markets funds, from investors worldwide, including public pension, corporate pension, sovereign wealth, endowments, foundations, financial/insurance companies and family offices.
- In our Secondary Advisory business, we advise clients seeking to sell limited partner fund interests or portfolios of direct assets through secondary transactions, and we help clients resolve a particular situation through a structured solution.
- In our Directs & Co-Investments business, we raise capital for direct investments in companies and projects alongside investment firms.
Our Due Diligence VP/DIR role provides excellent exposure to the alternative investment business. You will have direct contact with the senior partners of our private equity clients, sourcing and evaluating potential fundraising opportunities for the PFG. The Due Diligence team vets all transactions prior to the group undertaking assignments identifying key strengths and differentiating factors of each potential fundraising opportunity. This includes quantitative discovery and analysis of track record, historical investment history and underwriting criteria, alongside qualitative judgment on team composition, investment strategy and commercial viability of the opportunity. The Due Diligence team works closely with all parts of the PFG as part of the onboarding of a potential fundraising assignment.
You should have a minimum of seven years of post-college financial services experience, ideally including due diligence work in evaluating financial sponsors or private equity funds/transactions. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of our employees, but seeks those with a common set of abilities-highly motivated and creative individuals who have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We aspire to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
We are looking for:
- You are a highly motivated and bright individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, where attention to detail and a deep understanding of the big picture are equally critical
- You are a well-rounded thinker, with both quantitative and qualitative skill sets You are an articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- You are a leader who engenders dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- You are a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, who has the ability to process and digest information rapidly and nimbly
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter who achieves significant results
- You are a considerate and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships
- You are a principled professional committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.