Description About this role VP / Director, Corporate Sustainability - Environmental Sustainability Lead
BlackRock's Corporate Sustainability Team is responsible for integrating sustainability across BlackRock Inc.'s corporate operations, strategy, functions and disclosures. The VP / Director, Corporate Sustainability reporting to the Chief Sustainability & Social Impact Officer will lead many of BlackRock's environmental sustainability efforts including, helping the business measure its GHG emissions, drive progress on current goals and help the firm set new sustainability goals. Primary Responsibilities
GHG Emissions Measurement & Reporting
- Lead the collection, analysis, and reporting on BlackRock's corporate environmental footprint with a primary focus on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, energy, and waste
- Lead engagement with auditors to obtain assurance for GHG emissions reporting
- Improve tools and processes for data collection and tracking, including l eading the integration of technology solutions to improve efficiency of existing processes
Environmental Sustainability Strategy
- Drive corporate environmental sustainability initiatives and lead efforts in partnership with global functions and businesses to reduce the firm's environmental footprint (GHG emissions, energy, water, waste, buildings, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally to ensure progress towards our emissions reduction goals including implementing our sustainable aviation fuel strategy and continuing to advance our renewable electricity procurement and energy efficiency efforts globally
- Develop a proactive sustainability stakeholder strategy and lead memberships and programs that support it.
- Partner with Facilities teams to advance sustainable design in offices including obtaining certification by green building standards such as LEED and Fitwell
- Devise go-forward carbon credits strategy in support of BlackRock's continued achievement of carbon neutrality for its operations
- Further develop and oversee strategy to assess carbon credit and renewable energy credit purchases
- Monitor trends and changes in climate science, GHG accounting, renewable energy, green buildings, and other focus areas, including regulatory environment that can help inform BlackRock's go forward sustainability strategy
- Advise the Green Team Network, BlackRock's employee network committed to championing a culture of sustainability at BlackRock
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience including at least 3 years in operational environmental sustainability ideally within a corporate and/or consulting environment
- Bachelor's and/or graduate degree in Sustainability Management, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated success implementing environmental sustainability programs by devising and executing data-driven, analytical, and strategic solutions
- Experience with evaluation and execution of renewable electricity, sustainable aviation fuel, and energy efficiency initiatives
- Hands on experience implementing data collection, reporting, and assurance processes related to GHG emissions
- Deep experience and knowledge of sustainability standards with emphasis on GHG Protocol, SBTi, CDP, TCFD, LEED, Fitwell - active engagement or relationships with standard-setting organizations a plus
- Experience identifying and/or developing technology solutions to solve problems and increase efficiency, particularly as it relates to GHG emissions data
- Deep understanding of carbon markets including experience conducting due diligence and procuring carbon credits and renewable energy credits
- High level of independence, ability to innovate, work under pressure and comfortable taking ownership and primary responsibility for deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Thrives in a highly cross-functional environment working with both internal and external partners
- Passion for sustainability and innovative business solutions to achieve corporate decarbonization goals
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.