- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President- Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: New York, NY, USAFunctional Responsibilities
- Manage core planning functions for the corporation including results analysis, forecasting, annual budgeting and strategic planning
- Responsible for leading the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes, developing analysis to support senior management decision making processes and preparing Board-level reporting
- Develop and deliver presentation materials on budgets and forecasts for senior management and reviews
- Coordinate with Treasury to develop and model capital structure strategies and scenarios
- Contribute to strategic reviews of incentive compensation programs in partnership with HR compensation team
- Oversee and guide team responsible for governance, data analytics and reporting from in-house compensation modeling application
- Identify opportunities to automate and/or enhance existing processes - either through offshoring, improvements to existing or new technology or streamlined data management
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Finance management
- Work closely with the senior management team on strategic operating issues, long-term strategies and profit goals through the development and implementation of financial and strategic planning
- Ensure close coordination across several different lines of business and support functions that are geographically dispersed
- Interaction with various business and staff functions and senior business management
- Manage team of 5 onshore and 2 offshore resources in order to deliver on stated objectives
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline
- CPA, MBA and/or other relevant professional qualification a plus
- 10+ years of business experience in financial planning and analysis role
- Proven ability to manage projects including:
- Strategic / long term forecasts
- Innovation and process improvements
- Larger projects involving project teams (who are not direct reports) and steering committees
- Extensive experience leading, supervising and mentoring a team
- Experience presenting in executive-level management meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, ability to leverage data to inform business decisions
- Operates with a sense of urgency, ability to work under tight and sometimes competing priorities
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.