- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President- Business Development (Financial Institutions Group)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
A senior managerial role, with overall line management responsibility for a small team. The individual in this role will be responsible for the design and the delivery of a strategic business development focus on growing new opportunities with existing customers as well as establishing new relationships for the Financial Institutions Group in the US.
- Primary Business Development for the Financial Institutions Group responsible for strategic leadership of Business Development activities. Design, implement and improve business development, and customer outreach strategies. Provide direction and guidance to direct reports to do this also.
- Lead proactive customer outreach program to support and improve the company's market position. Conduct in person meetings with prioritized customers to update them on Moody's Investors Service products in order to secure new rating mandates.
- Become an expert in Moody's product suite and be able to explain every product to both market players and more junior associates.
- Responsible for leading extensive discussions and meetings with mid to senior level market intermediaries issuers and potential customers to explain Moody's rating processes.
- Attend Moody's and industry conferences, briefings and events to develop market contacts and key relationships.
- Responsible for monitoring market and client activities to identify and assess further opportunities for new business.
- Leads discussion and negotiation on standard and complex terms & conditions with clients. Will coach others to do this also.
- Work with the team leaders to model and analyze the impact of price changes and create new pricing strategies.
- Lead review of budget, forecast and staffing needs of business development strategy for Financial Institutions Group
- Responsible for ensuring that internal databases in relation to customer details are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with internal stakeholders, such as Account Management, analytical teams, GMO, Billing, and Pricing to develop and co-ordinate projects to improve workflow processes and market outreach
- Expected to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with customers and intermediaries across a large range of different profiles on short notice or with little preparation.
- Able to conduct issuer meetings at treasurer and C-level.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, customers and larger audiences.
- Maintain active relationships with customers and intermediaries at all levels independently and with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrate expert working knowledge of capital markets and the ratings process.
- Show strong analytical skills.
- Able to understand and read balance sheets of issuers in his market segment with a view to identify customer needs.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives
The Department / Team:
The Global Commercial Group's various responsibilities include; establishing and maintaining business and pricing relationships with Moody's rated entities and issuers of debt securities, rating product development, creation of value and strategic marketing collateral and corporate development for the business. The department provides these service for banking institutions, corporations, municipal governments, public institutions, structured finance products and funds
- Minimum of Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing is desired
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.