Result of Service
The consultant should contribute to the increased maturity of the Programme Management Office, standardizing and clearly defining the approach for programme, vendor, and change management, that is better aligned with business needs.
The position is based in NY, however the functions can be performed remotely. International applicants are encouraged to apply. There will not be any travel required. If based in New York, the consultant might be asked to come in the office at One Dag Hammarskjold Plaza occasionally and follow the COVID-19 guidelines in effect.
The project should take a total of 12 months from 01 October 2021 (or as soon as possible) to 30 September 2022. There will not be any travel required. If based in New York, the consultant might be asked to come in the office at One Dag Hammarskjold Plaza occasionally and follow the COVID-19 guidelines in effect.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Programme Management Officer, the consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Review, assess and provide expert advice to continuously improve the Enterprise Programme Management Charter, processes and templates.
- Implement an extended programme management framework, that will align with both UN and PRINCE2, for all projects and initiatives (including business-led efforts) with an ICT component
- Review existing project documentation, collaborate with business teams (Global Equity, Fixed Income, Risk & Compliance, Operations) and technology teams, to ensure compliance with the EPMO framework
- Maintain and further develop PPM dashboard(s) and tools, including potential procurement and deployment of new PPM solutions
- Maintain and further develop PPM templates, making sure that business requirements are properly captured along with technical requirements. Potentially create a separate set of templates tailored for Agile projects.
- Maintain and further develop training materials
• Review, assess and provide expert advice to business owners to support the implementation of the Vendor Management Office framework following the Charter, processes and templates.
- Implement a strengthened vendor management framework, aligned with both UN and industry best practices, to increase vendor management capability in alignment with OIM strategic and operational objectives. Establish roles and responsibilities, internal policies, standards and processes for all vendor interaction and review.
- Maintain and further develop vendor dashboard(s) to ensure the tracking of contract key dates and metrics (incl. expiration, renewals, amounts, spend), performance and risk metrics.
- Maintain and further develop vendor performance management templates: improve existing templates by working closely with business owners, support vendor Service Level adherence. Propose new ways to further develop vendor relationship and improve overall performance management.
- Update and maintain templates for vendor risk management: improve vendor risk assessments and risk registers in cooperation with infrastructure, cybersecurity, business continuity, compliance, and operational teams.
- Create and maintain training and performance evaluation materials, provide training and resources tailored to OIM needs, for resources assigned to Vendor Management activities.
• Review, assess and provide expert advice to improve the IT Change Management terms of reference, processes and templates in compliance with the ITIL framework.
• Perform other duties as required.
Academic Qualifications: An advanced level degree is required, preferably in the area of in business administration, management, information technology or a related field.
Experience: Experience in Project Management, preferably in the financial industry, is highly desirable.
Proven experience in successfully implementing processes that support the organization’s vendor / contract management policies covering vendor performance, risk, and relationship (with a strong focus on vendor / contract administration) is highly desirable.
Experience in policy and process design, partnering with senior leadership (e.g. PMO, CTO, COO), with hands on experience operating and promoting the framework to business units, is desirable.
A certification in programme or project management (e.g. PMP, PCAS, PMI-ACP, CAPM, CSM, CompTIA Project+, Prince2) is desirable.
A certification in procurement and supply management (e.g. CIPS, CPSM, CTPE, SFIA) is desirable.
A certification in IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL, Cobit, TOGAF, BiSL) is desirable.
Knowledge of PowerBI (or similar business intelligence tools) is desirable.
Mastery of Excel, Word and PowerPoint tools is highly desirable.
Must demonstrate clarity and concision in written communications and oral presentations is highly desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. Please go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=162888&Lang=en-US to apply.