VP Title VII Legal Counsel
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 15 Feb 19
Our client, a well regarded, global investment bank is seeking to add VP level hire to it's rapidly expanding in house legal team.
- Draft, review, and advise on structured finance and derivatives transactions including repurchase transactions, secured loans, total return swaps and other OTC swaps (credit and rates).
- Be actively involved in the management of legal, regulatory and reputational risk, including close coordination with other risk functions.
- Advise on Dodd Frank Title VII with a focus on clearing and uncleared swaps margin.
- Represent Bank on related industry and regulatory committees, including the Futures Industry Association and the International Swap and Derivatives Association.
- Advise the trading and structuring groups in relation to the legal and regulatory framework governing the securities and derivatives market, including without limitation the Commodities Exchange Act, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Dodd-Frank.
- Work autonomously with various trading and structuring groups to structure transactions that achieve internal and/or client objectives (including, but not limited to, tax and/or accounting efficiency).
A suitable candidate should possess the following core competencies:
- Good experience with, and a sound understanding of, banking and financial markets;
- excellent investigative and analytical skills;
- strong problem resolution and decision making ability;
- sophisticated written and oral communication skills;
- strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- a high degree of self motivation and ability to thrive in a team environment;
- familiarity with structured credit instruments and their legal documentation (repos, secured loans, total return swaps, CDS/IRS, cleared derivatives)
- a basic understanding of Dodd-Frank Title VII rules (particularly clearing and uncleared swaps margin); a basic understanding of U.S. securities laws.
- Juris Doctor degree or equivalent;
- qualified to practice law in the State of New York; minimum 3 years of work experience as attorney in the derivatives and structured finance and/or futures industry.