VP, Systems Software Eng - Telemetry
Description About this role About this role:
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup but want to tackle some of the world's most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Sr. Engineers to help develop and maintain an Enterprise Telemetry Platform. The platform incorporates best-of-breed third-party technologies as well as in house software. You will be responsible for development, reliability, service delivery, scalability and observability of this platform. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
We invest and protect over $7 trillion (USD) of assets and have an extraordinary responsibility to our clients all over the world. Our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of software development, testing and ensuring compatibility with enterprise architecture by harnessing modern development technologies. You will have the chance to define and develop new capabilities and engage with multiple development teams and partners across the Aladdin Product Group. Job Description:
- Be part of an agile team working with technical architects, leads, designers and developers.
- Help design, develop and build scalable, secure and reliable systems using best-in-class technologies and platforms.
- High standards for quality engineering. Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues and find/improve performance bottlenecks.
- Influence designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems for reliability, scalability and serviceability. Collaborate with a world-class engineering team to propose features that solve recurring patterns of customer complaints.
- Remain up to date on industry trends, including cloud computing, containers and orchestration, automated testing, etc.
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline with 8 - 12 years of experience.
- Passion to work in a team-environment, multi-tasking and effective communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to other technologies such as cloud. Excellent analytical, problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with cloud platforms (MS Azure) and native deployments (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (analysis, design, development, testing) and basic understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Nice-to-have experience with:
- Open-source publish-subscribe frameworks like apache Kafka
- Open-source technology stack (Spring, Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, JUnit, etc.).
- Relational database and NoSQL database (e.g., Apache Cassandra).
- Telemetry platforms.
- Experience in operations, including automation, monitoring, alerting, and incident management.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.