VP Swap Dealer Compliance Advisory
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits.
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 21 Mar 19
Our client is a top tier global investment bank seeking to add to it's Compliance Advisory team, covering their Swap Dealer including particularly Title VII regulations of Dodd-Frank.
Assist with the ongoing development and implementation of Firm's global Swap Dealer Manuals and other Policies and Procedures to ensure that they are reasonably designed to achieve compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act
Assist with the development and implementation of such Policies and Procedures as necessary to comply with international regulation applicable to Firm's swap activities in the US
Assist with annual gap analyses to identify and update all impacted bank policies globally based on new swap reform regulations
Provide ongoing support to the Head of Swap Dealer Compliance, including:
Recommend and implement changes to the compliance program and the Swap Dealer Manual and related policies/procedures as needed on an ongoing basis.
Draft and coordinate the dissemination of regular Compliance Alerts/Reminders globally to ensure that the front office and infrastructure groups are aware of new rules/regulations and policies/procedures relating to the Swap Dealer.
Work with business management and Compliance surveillance staff on the development of first and second-level controls/surveillance needed for the Swap Dealer.
Work with Compliance Testing teams and/or Audit staff on the development and ongoing testing/monitoring of the effectiveness of the policies and procedures for the Swap Dealer.
Work with Business Line Compliance staff covering product lines and other relevant areas on annual risk assessments needed for the Swap Dealer.
Work with Compliance Training staff on the development and coordination of initial and ongoing training for employees on requirements impacting the Swap Dealer.
Prepare the Annual Compliance Report for the Swap Dealer, and any other required periodic reports that the Head of Swap Dealer Compliance will be required to make to the governing body or relevant regulatory authorities.
You will have:
Understanding of the swap market for one or more product classes.
5-10 years of compliance or regulatory experience, preferably with a federal regulator or self-regulatory organization, or in a trading environment, risk management function, or law firm.
Bachelor’s degree; JD a plus.
Working understanding of Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act as pertains to the obligations of Swap Dealers and Security-based Swap Dealers.
Understanding of OTC clearing.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to project confidence and professionalism in all dealings with business personnel.
Ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory/compliance decisions in a fast-paced trading floor environment.
Familiarity with trading deal capture systems, a strong plus.
Securities and/or futures licenses, a plus.
Experience in an investment banking environment, a plus.
You will be:
• Extensive background and experience in compliance and control functions or targeted securities markets experience
• The ability to execute projects against plans with governance and reporting
• The ability to proactively manage and escalate risks in an appropriate manner
• Experience to lead meetings across senior levels of cross-functional representatives
• The ability to develop relationships at all levels and all functions and build virtual teams across functions and work well within a team
• The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Office
Add skills and competencies for the position here
• Action oriented with a strong focus on completing tasks while working independently and with minimum direction
• A strong manager and leader in a matrix organisation
• Focus on engagement and execution to drive results and lead change