VP Structured Products Attorney
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Our client, a top tier global investment bank is seeking to add a talented Structured Products attorney to it's expanding in-house Legal department,.
Overall purpose of role
• The role holder will be part of the Structured Products Legal team in Americas, providing legal support to businesses involved in the issuance of structured investments in the Americas and working with senior business personnel across the platforms and asset classes involved in the structured investments business.
•The role holder will have primary coverage responsibility for multiple platforms or distribution channels within the structured investments business and will be responsible for the structuring, negotiation and documentation of a variety of structured products, such as notes, CDs, warrants, and certificates within these platforms and distribution channels.
•The role holder will also be responsible for advising the relevant businesses on regulatory developments and legal issues arising within the relevant coverage area and will assist the businesses in managing legal and reputational risks of the firm’s transactions and activities in the relevant coverage area.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
• Together with other members of the Structured Products Legal team, the role holder will work closely with senior business personnel and other related stakeholders (Legal, Compliance, Ops, Tax, Risk, etc.) to manage the execution of structured products issuances and the legal issues relating to them.
• The role holder will engage in regular discussions with the Product Development team and with members of the Sales teams covering the relevant platforms and distribution channels to ensure that transaction execution and Legal risk management are being conducted in accordance with commercial objectives of the business.
• The role holder will be responsible for working with internal execution teams and external counsel to efficiently manage the execution of a large volume of transactions in the relevant coverage areas.
• The role holder will also be responsible for maintaining program documentation for the relevant coverage areas and ensuring that issuances within particular programs reflect a consistent approach to disclosure and regulatory issues across all programs managed by Americas Legal.
• The role holder will lead negotiation of any legal agreements in the relevant coverage areas (including distribution agreements, trustee or financial intermediary agreements and suitability documentation) through interaction with counterparts or business personnel at other financial institutions.
• The role holder will regularly present updates on transaction execution metrics and report on legal and regulatory developments to the Head of Structured Products Legal, Americas.
• The role holder will also work with other members of the Structured Products Legal team, both in the Americas and in other regions, to ensure a consistent approach to disclosure and legal issues affecting the structured investments businesses.
• The role holder will hold a deep knowledge of market and industry practices through ongoing review of issuances by various banks and dialogue with peers at other institutions.
Basic Qualifications/Skills (Must be quantifiable)
• 6+ years practicing attorney including experience working with structured investments at an investment bank, experience at a top tier law firm, and strong knowledge of US securities laws and broker-dealer regulation
• JD degree or foreign equivalent and be admitted to the bar in New York
• The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal English language skills
• Will possess excellent legal analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions as well as the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas.
• The ideal candidate will have proven skills in legal and regulatory risk management
• Will possess excellent stakeholder management and relationship skills combined with the ability to withstand front office pressure and exhibiting excellent negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to balance risk with reward in a commercial environment