VP| Strategic Regulatory Implementation
As a Strategic Regulatory Implementation (SRI) VP, you will support the overall accountabilities of the SRI team under the direction of the Co-Lead of SRI. You will be responsible for managing activities and deliverables, such as the annual Capital Adequacy Process Self-Assessment process. The (SRI) team is responsible for aligning implementation of key regulatory initiatives and business strategies with applicable US regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Supporting SRI's involvement in strategic projects across the Americas management team.
• Managing the Capital Adequacy Process Self-Assessment (CAPSA) framework and lead planning and execution of annual CAPSA processes;
• Coordinating and facilitating self-assessment reviews with Accountable Executives and Process Owners
• Providing guidance on supervisory expectations and independent challenge to ratings and proposed CCAR books of work.
• Supporting regulatory examinations, provide quality assurance reviews of responses to questions from examiners and support development of remediation plans
• Conducting and/or coordinainge research and analysis to support industry forum participation and contribute to comment letters and advocacy initiatives.
• Providing independent review and challenge of capital plan documentation, capital adequacy process maturity ratings and work package completion documentation. What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Experience in investment banking/financial services, at a regulatory agency or management consultancy
• High levels of problem solving and prioritization skills, initiative and intellectual curiosity Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels across the organization
• Strong analytical mind-set and ability to create compelling analyses and presentations
• Experience analyzing the impacts of financial regulations and translating regulatory requirements into strategic and operational plans
• Familiarity with capital stress testing, risk management and the firm's US businesses and operations Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.