The Spanish speaking VP Compliance Officer will manage and oversee all aspects of compliance within the New York Branch, including managing the day-to-day compliance activities. They will also develop and implement an effective and comprehensive compliance program, identify, mitigate and manage compliance risks, and monitor all aspects of the Branch’s business and operations to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, regulatory requirements, policies, procedures and industry standards.
• Managing and overseeing the Compliance Department and its function and acting as the subject matter expert on compliance related matters (including applicable laws, rules and regulations) to provide guidance, oversight, advice and/or training to relevant business areas and to effectively identify, monitor and manage compliance risks across the Branch.
• Participating in and a member of various committees, including the Management Committee, Compliance Committee and BCP Committee.
• Coordinating efforts related to internal and external audits, reviews and examinations (FRB and NYSDFS) and ensuring management is kept informed of the progress related thereto.
• Assisting the business to address compliance issues raised by, among other, regulators, internal audit and compliance testing/reviews.
• Managing and supervising the members of the Compliance Department.
• Preparing and presenting periodic compliance reports to management, Head Office and relevant committees and keeping relevant parties informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Providing strategic compliance initiatives and plans within the Branch and advising the management teams regarding compliance matters that balances regulatory requirements, risk mitigation and business objectives.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive compliance program (including policies, procedures and internal controls) for effectively assessing, identifying, monitoring, preventing and mitigating risks and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and industry standards, while minimizing duplication and maximizing efficiency.
• Developing, implementing and overseeing on an ongoing and proactive basis internal compliance reviews, regulatory compliance reviews, risk assessments, testing and monitoring activities to assess the compliance risks associated with the Branch’s business and to ensure appropriate governance and control.
• Implementing and overseeing an effective transaction monitoring program that ensures the accurate review and timely disposition of transaction monitoring.
• Establishing and maintaining appropriate due diligence procedures to assist onboarding clients.
• Supervising the periodic review of all customer files for completeness and overseeing the maintenance of all logs, checklists, forms, notices, etc. prepared by the Compliance Department.
• Collaborating with department heads on reviewing and evaluating activities, processes, policies, procedures and internal controls, as well as new products/services, to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and assist in bringing noncomplying areas into compliance.
• Developing and implementing an annual compliance monitoring and training schedule and periodically revising the plan in light of changes.
This Spanish speaking VP Compliance Officer role is located in midtown Manhattan New York so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, the initial range is $170-190k base plus discretionary bonus, and fully paid health benefits by the bank. If your profile matches the above criteria, please contact me on **email@example.com**