- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 23 Sep 18
VP, Senior Policy Advisor for US Regulatory Capital – Basel III # 117953
Credit Suisse's Group Finance Division has an exciting opportunity in the Regulatory Assurance team. This is the center of in-house expertise on regulatory rules for both Basel (FINMA) and US Fed (IHC) rules covering regulatory capital, leverage exposure, liquidity and large exposure.
- Work with business structuring teams to advise on capital and balance sheet implications of proposed trades and to design capital efficient structures.
- Act as contact for regulatory policy interpretation questions arising across the regulatory disciplines with senior management in Front Office and CS support areas of the Finance and Risk division.
- Play a key role in the definition of an internal capital reporting policy framework for which you stay on top of external developments, analyze impacts of new rules and define in-house interpretations.
- You will practice your presentation skills and explain complex regulatory subject matters in training events, internal road shows and regulatory update sessions.
- You will contribute to the relationship management with local regulators, financial auditors, external advisors and rating agencies. Represent CS at industry working groups.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have a University degree or an equivalent educational background preferably coupled with Accounting (CPA), financial analyst (CFA) or risk management qualification (FRM).
- You bring 7+ years of experience in regulatory reporting or policy interpretation, provision of regulatory consultancy, financial and regulatory audit or financial services supervision.
- You have strong knowledge of the US or Basel regulatory capital framework with a focus on Basel 3 capital adequacy, leverage ratio, liquidity and large exposure rules.
- Do you have understanding of financial products and trading strategies?
- You possess knowledge of global accounting standards (US-GAAP and IFRS).
- Are you able to analytically apply this knowledge in practice to complex transactions, with attention to detail?
- You are effective and confident when communicating with senior managers and business unit representatives.
- You show robustness when confronted with pressure from business divisions on capital interpretations.
- Can you implement good presentation and writing skills in this role?