A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a VP, Senior Fund Accountant with 5+ years of fund accounting experience within the alternative investment industry including hedge funds, private equity and / or real estate. The role is responsible for all fund administration and reporting for multiple alternative investment assets and reports directly to the Head of Operations.
The VP, Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for overseeing all fund administration and reporting for a diverse group of alternative investment assets. Investments are mainly “fund of fund” in nature and are held across various institutional funds which the firm manages (hedge funds, private equity and real estate). Position is a ‘hands on’ role which will involve transaction processing, (capital calls, distributions, fee payments, accruals), financial analysis and other reporting. Position will serve as key intermediary for all administrative and accounting aspects of the fund. Coordinating with peers within finance department, Accounting and Control, Front Office, Tax and Legal, and relevant other parties of Company or parent company to ensure the accurate, efficient administration of the fund.
- Client Servicing to Front Office
- Portfolio Accounting & Fund Administration
- Financial & other Ad Hoc Reporting
- Special Projects – New System Implementation
- Net Asset Value preparation
- Cash and Portfolio Reconciliations
- Income and Expense Accruals
- Capital Transactions
- Process capital calls, distributions, and other transactions as necessary.
- Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Assist with financial Statement preparation (IFRS / Dutch GAAP)
- Prepare PBC for annual audit and follow up with various audit requests
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of all deliverables
- Interact with senior management and other parties
- Review private equity fund LPA and other materials
- Establish plan for new investment setups and transitions
- Implement new fund structures on accounting system
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- Follow up in response to written inquiries, or to obtain clarification on transaction processing requests
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to peers.
- Interact with external manager/GP and front office to price fund within guidelines as noted in Company’s Valuation manual.
- Ad hoc reports as needed
- 6 - 8 years of fund accounting experience within the alternative investment industry including hedge funds, private equity and / or real estate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics (CPA designation a plus)
- Experience with Advent Geneva and / or eFront preferred (not required).