VP Risk Reporting – Reporting Architecture and Design
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
Background on the Position
- Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
- Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
- Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
Morgan Stanley seeks a professional to join the Risk Analysis and Reporting team within the Firm Risk department. The team is a critical component of Firm Risk, responsible for performing detailed risk analysis, creating comprehensive risk reporting and designing and implementing strategic reporting solutions. The individual will cover diverse range of responsibilities to facilitate analysis and control of risk information to meet the requirements of the Firms Risk Management function and the regulators.
To be successful, candidate needs to have relevant educational background (finance, engineering or computer programming), relevant work experience (BI development, data modeling and web development programming), exceptional computer application skills, and the ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines. Information processed in the department is confidential and thus the candidate must demonstrate integrity. Primary Responsibilities
- Lead the development, implementation and optimization of risk reporting tools and applications to enhance data management and risk reporting capabilities.
- Lead projects to design and implement innovative solutions to solve complex risk data issues or to automate reporting processes, and enhance the Firms risk data management capabilities.
- Work with other business groups, business analysts and IT to identify and implement solutions for external or internal requests, such as new reports, data quality improvements and reporting process improvements.
- Lead strategic Firm Risk Management communication efforts by developing comprehensive senior management and board risk reporting capabilities
- Develop presentations for senior management committees and board of directors.
- Proven leadership abilities and relationship building skills
- Degree in finance, engineering or computer science
- 6+ years of work experience in programming and data modeling or BI development
- Highly organized and competent project manager
- Risk management or finance industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines