- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP, Product Control Lead Analyst
VP, Product Control Lead Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19016023
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Finance Division acts as a strategic partner across business lines. Professionals within the division work closely with the management teams of Citigroup's many departments, adding value to the firm's operations through strategic analysis and hands-on participation in planning and in process redesign.
The Finance Division is responsible for a variety of activities related to the Firm's financial reporting and controls. The division is divided into different areas of specialization where each group features a unique set of responsibilities that include both analytical and accounting roles.
Product Control is responsible for the financial control of the trading activities of the Global Markets businesses. The Global CVA/DVA Product Control team is responsible for Financial, Product, and Valuation Control for Citi's Global CVA/DVA and also supports various CVA Hedging desks.
The ICG CVA/DVA Product Control team is responsible for calculating, analyzing and reporting the Counterparty, Own-Credit Valuation Adjustments for Citi's OTC Derivatives (Across CVA and FVA), as well as the Debt Valuation Adjustment (DVA) on Citi's portfolio of Structured Debt issuance. . This position will work in partnership with global businesses and ICG leadership to:
- Manage the CVA/FVA team through the production, analysis, and reporting of Global CVA/FVA/DVA
- Manage the P&L production process across CVA/FVA
- Partner with Business, Risk, and Technology partners to continue to build out Citi's CVA/DVA platform and integration with CCAR and Basel 3 strategy
- Verify the appropriateness of CVA/FVA/DVA and CVA hedge valuations
- Support various initiatives to improve production stability, reporting frequency, Volcker PAA, population control and data quality
- Work with businesses/technology teams to enhance CVA/FVA modeling (Initial Margin, inclusion of products such as SFTs, Intercompany analysis for stand-alone financials, profit attribution and analysis etc.)
The position affords an opportunity to understand the full breadth of Citi's derivative exposures and debt issuances, to work closely with senior management in executing our CVA/DVA strategy, to develop deep relationships across the firm, and to build a strong career platform within Citi. Derivative product exposure spans all sectors including equities, hybrids, rates, commodities, FX, credit, exotics, and structured products.
The position is located in downtown New York and requires minimal travel.
- Work in a team environment to develop and report financial results, including identification of significant revenue drivers
- Analysis of CVA components for accuracy including identification of missing or incorrect trades and pricing
- Work closely with trading desks, operations, Risk, and IT to resolve issues and support new structured client solutions
- Identify opportunities to add value within and beyond the scope of formal projects
- Support projects across their lifecycle: identifying and structuring the problem, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and getting buy-in for change
- Support all aspects of client service, including planning, prioritizing and organizing projects
- Develop relationships with leaders in business units, support functions and ICG leadership
For this position, we are looking for outstanding talent with strong intellectual and analytical capabilities, a well-developed ability to influence the organization and affect change up to the most senior levels, and the skills necessary to manage and motivate a team to implement strategy.
For this position, we are looking for outstanding talent with strong analytical capabilities and communication skills. Desired qualifications include:
- Strong track record of academic and professional excellence and achievement
- Bachelor's degree required. Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative (i.e. Engineering) degree preferred (masters a plus)
- 4+ years of experience in finance, accounting, or risk (product control preferred)
- Strong Excel skills required. Strong understanding of Accounting required
- Knowledge of financial products (credit derivative and fixed income product knowledge a plus)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, active listening) applied to "client" situations
- Collaborative work style -- ability to effectively interact with partners across organizational boundaries and hierarchies
- Effective team player - able to influence others without authority and interact across all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated and self-driven, ability to multi-task productively, and strong result orientation