VP, Market Risk Manager
Barclays Services Corp. What will you be doing?
• Within a global financial services firm, utilize knowledge of financial analysis concepts and principles including risk management and analysis, to contribute to risk management systems.
• Develop methodologies to ensure appropriate market risk oversight in compliance with internal control and regulatory requirements.
• Write and review market updates and risk summaries.
• Monitor Value at Risk (VaR) back testing exceptions, review risk reports for accuracy and analyze and explain large moves in risk or stress.
• Evaluate, monitor, and control market risk for daily risk production, and conduct ad hoc risk analysis for Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) and Americas portfolio.
• Perform stress tests to determine potential losses in different scenarios.
• Contribute to frameworks for risk appetite and limits based on company's risk framework.
• Set appropriate market risk limits across asset classes.
• Function as Subject Matter Expert (SME) at the IHC level, and interact with the Risk Oversight team and other asset class risk managers to ensure cohesive control oversight.
• Work with Internal Audit and Compliance Conformance Testing to facilitate functional audits and review.
• Remediate control gaps.
• Track significant risk, stress, and Value-at-Risk (VaR) moves and corresponding drivers and market events.
• Coordinate global End-of-Day (EOD) recap for senior management.
• Handle projects to improve and implement risk capture, analysis and regulatory reporting while working cross-functionally across Market Risk, Risk Information Services and IT.
• Supervise one (1) financial risk specialist (subordinate). What we're looking for:
Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field, and seven 7 years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience in risk management in a global financial services firm.
Must have at least five (5) years of experience with the following:
• Utilizing knowledge of equity products to evaluate business strategies, risk behavior and Profit and Loss performance of nonlinear equity book.
• Guiding teams to ensure risk control framework operates as expected.
• Project management for trading system migrations, audit point clearance, stress reporting, and system/report enhancements.
• Utilizing knowledge of regulatory framework to ensure compliance with market risk regulatory requirements.
• Utilizing knowledge of trading Profit and Loss measurement to analyze how risk position contributes to portfolio performance.
Must have at least one (1) year of experience with the following:
• Establishing risk reports and controls, including calibrating risk appetite and limits.
• Identifying risk movements, including analyzing spikes and trends in risk sensitivities, stress measures, and statistical measures such as 'Value At Risk'
May telecommute up to one day per week. Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details. Our Values
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it. Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays' Employee Referral Program.