VP Legal Counsel Alternative Investments
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits.
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 21 Sep 17
Position available for an experienced attorney in the New York Legal Department to support the Asset Management Alternatives business. The individual will join a team responsible for providing day-to-day legal coverage to the Alternatives business, which includes liquid and direct real estate, infrastructure, and hedge-fund and private-equity fund related products. The individual should have closed-end private fund expertise and in-depth knowledge of investment management legal issues, including pertinent regulations and guidance on investment advisory issues.
Our client, a top tier global investment bank seeks to add a talented lawyer to cover it's Alternative Investments business.
• Day-to-day legal coverage for the Alternatives business in the United States.
• Legal support and advice to be provided across private funds, segregated account mandates, funds-of-funds, and other products.
• Advise the business on a wide range of legal issues relevant to the formation and maintenance of fund products, negotiation of side letters, legal and regulatory matters as they relate to funds.
• Work closely with other members of the Legal Department and other control functions (e.g., Compliance, Risk) both within the U.S. and globally to identify and resolve issues.
• Coordinate as needed with other Firm businesses and legal departments abroad.
• JD Degree.
• At least five years of relevant law firm, financial institution or comparable experience.
• Knowledge of investment management legal issues, including pertinent regulations and guidance on investment advisory issues, required.
• Candidate must be a member in good standing of the NY bar.
• Knowledge of relevant laws (e.g. Investment Advisors Act, Investment Company Act, AIFMD, etc.) required, and an understanding of ERISA and the BHCA strongly preferred.
• Excellent document drafting skills required.
• Excellent judgment.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to be a proactive, dynamic member of a team.
• Familiarity/experience with asset management business required.