- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Dec 17
VP Infrastructure Services Operations & Design Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAThis is a new and challenging technology leadership position within the Infrastructure Service Operations team in Moody's Information Technology (MIT) division. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure team leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. This position will manage the overall quality and timely delivery of services by service vendors; improve stability and availability with automation and CSI and be accountable for the delivery of Moody's Infrastructure Service Support Operations.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be ready to multi-task. This role will focus on establishing strong partnership with the Infrastructure Engineering teams to design, develop and deliver permanent solutions to problems and patterns causing recurring issues and improve stability and availability of various Infrastructure components with automated solutions.
The role will also be responsible for analyzing current Moody's global Infrastructure support organizations and identify inefficiencies that can be eliminated. This will include identifying technical solutions to time consuming support issues and influencing skills to implement these solutions. The success of this role will be measured by the efficiency the person can bring into long term operations.
Below are some core responsibilities of this role.
Job Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding of the Infrastructure technology landscape at the SME level to manage the maintenance and support activities, including but not limited to Incident, Problem Request, Change domains and Service Delivery Governance.
- Understand the operations budget, identify and execute short and long term cost reduction strategies.
- Improve system reliability and performance by prioritizing root cause assessment queues for recurring, high profile, business impacting symptoms; designing their permanent remediation solutions in partnership with the Infrastructure Engineering teams and overseeing their successful delivery.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the MIT Infrastructure Operations Support team members and external vendor partner teams in supporting multiple, global systems or technology platforms of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) technologies with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility.
- Act as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers, architects and consumers of technology, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing or upcoming solutions and their supportability.
- Conduct governance reviews with stakeholders at all levels to develop a plan for continuous service improvement.
- Influence decision making and drive the identification and reduction of low / no value tasks and manual intervention work with automation.
- Collect first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services.
- Change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations while continue to maintain a strong relationship.
- Create formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Positively impact productivity, efficiency, and overall customer service levels and enhance organization's reputation amongst stakeholders.
- Make decisions and drive results that positively impact (reduce) operational costs.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to manage and lead functional or cross-functional teams.
- Availability during off hours and weekends to own, manage and help resolve high severity incidents.
- Must have the ability to:
- learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- manage multiple simultaneous deliverables
- understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
With 400 employees and 800 contractors worldwide, Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in program management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, software development, quality assurance, IT risk management, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study. Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in IT industry in relevant area with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Expertise in Platform (Windows, Unix and Linux and Mobile platforms), Networking (LAN, WAN, Voice, Audio), Virtualization, Storage and Infrastructure Applications (AD, DNS, Messaging, Citrix, etc.) technologies is required
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification would be a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.