VP, Fixed Income Product Strategy (NY)
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock Financial Institutions Group Product Strategist
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, as well as the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Products designed to meet specific financial institution balance sheet asset management needs are offered through BlackRock’s Global Fixed Income (GFI) FIG business. In support of the growth objectives of this business, we are looking to add to our global team of FIG product strategists who are primarily responsible for supporting new business development and internal and external branding of the FIG global franchise.
The GFI FIG Product Strategist will be responsible for supporting the growth orientation of the Global Fixed Income FIG business with a particular focus on new business development and brand building.
- Partner with distribution channels to develop, advance and support global fixed income opportunities for financial institutions
- Help develop and execute new business evaluation procedures to ensure appropriateness and feasibility of opportunities
- Support the production of all investment related thought leadership, pitch materials, RFPs and customized solution materials
- Maintain a complete understanding of FIG Portfolio Team's philosophy, investment and product suite so as to articulate to internal and external clients
- Support development of a comprehensive training program to help ensure adequate internal coverage of FIG’s very unique and bespoke client base
- BA/BS, with strong quantitative skills. MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Insurance industry specific knowledge; deep understanding of fixed income core and plus general account asset management
- Strong fixed income background and understanding of product and markets either as a client facing investment professional or in a product specialist type role
- Robust knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word), Bloomberg, Barclays POINT
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coordination skills; ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple constituencies
- 8-10+ years of buy side insurance fixed income experience preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.