A top-tier institutional asset management firm based in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a VP, Equity Analyst with 5 - 10+ years of Equity Research experience within the asset management industry.
- Analyze global companies and generate investment ideas. The successful candidate should be flexible and willing to work within the framework of the equity strategy.
- Perform thorough fundamental analysis of a company’s business and financial position including cash flow analysis, balance sheet and income statement evaluations. Utilize a quantitative screening tool to help target research. Coverage responsibilities will span geographies and industries.
- Develop and communicate investment recommendations based on comprehensive industry and company research through various sources of information including annual reports and networking with industry contacts as well as interviews with senior management.
- Assist in the continued build out of the strategy including detailed analysis of stocks across multiple sectors and participating in internal and external presentations. Key to the strategy is the analyst’s skill in honing in on stocks that will be able to outperform benchmarks while staying within the strategy framework.
- 5 - 10+ years of experience as an equity analyst within the asset management industry.
- A demonstrable track record of success in stock selection.
- A highly evolved skill set in developing a view point on a company as a result of detailed financial models and company research.
- Capacity to function with minimal supervision while providing appropriate and meaningful feedback to senior management on issues/challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, adapt to an entrepreneurial group, and to think and act independently.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills, with the ability to communicate in a timely and investment-relevant manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial statements, models and the firm's disciplined approach to investing.
- BA/BS. MBA / CFA is a plus