Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide, including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values: Do the right thing, put clients first, lead with exceptional ideas, commit to diversity & inclusion and give back. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career-a place for people to learn, to achieve, to grow.
The Digital Product team delivers digital updates that improve customer experiences and marketing capabilities, drive interest in our business and underscore our core values. The VP, Digital Strategy & Product Management will serve as product owner for the Morgan Stanley website and other digital work that requires back-end development. The person in this role will be responsible for setting firmwide goals for the digital experiences, for helping deliver goals that come from business unit partners, and for building capabilities that allow for future needs across the firm.
As the product owner for MorganStanley.com, you will own the development of the website as well as the roadmap and delivery of product enhancements to the site, taking into account best practices, relevant metrics/data, digital trends, competitive analysis, audience needs/behaviors and business goals. This person will work in collaboration with our UX, SEO, content and other teams. Using Agile methodology, the VP will ensure that the Digital Strategy product team is always delivering and iterating. They will be responsible for continuing to roll out a new design system, ensuring site hygiene and performance are optimal, helping create necessary infrastructure (including digital asset management, taxonomy and CMS improvements), delivering SEO technical work, developing audio assistant improvements, enhancing infrastructure for personalization, and more. They will be relentlessly focused on measurement, ensuring that goals/KPIs are clearly elucidated from the onset, that performance is communicated post launch, and that we use measurement as a tool for optimization and iteration. Ultimately all work on the website should be done within a data-informed lens of meeting business and/or audience goals.
The person in this job is also responsible for helping business unit stakeholders meet their needs for digital experiences. This includes working with stakeholders/product owners to understand requirements, prioritize requests, help determine timelines and develop a holistic Digital Product roadmap that can be shared publicly.
This role requires a spirit of radical collaboration and empathy in order to bring cross-aisle stakeholders-as well as outside vendors-together toward a single harmonious vision and ultimately deliver best-in-class digital experiences. This role reports to the Executive Director for Digital Strategy, and ladders up to the firmwide Marketing team.
- Develop short-term (1 year) and long-term (up to 3 years) plans for Morganstanley.com website to evolve and mature our web presence in meaningful ways for customers, candidates and the businesses
- Determine tactics that ladder up to plans by: working with stakeholders to understand requirements and issues with website; performing competitive site intelligence and understand current website trends/best practices; connecting data to roadmap iteration and understanding overall marketing goals
- Create/own/manage the annual/quarterly Digital Product roadmap in real time, and roadshow to internal and external partners; review quarterly or ad hoc if conflicts arise
- Serve as strategic point person with technology to understand dependencies, manage timelines, and ensure relationship remains healthy
- Own the Digital Product backlog, prioritizing work based on impact, need, and level of effort
- Manage the rollout of site redesign , with ultimate goal of getting whole site into new design system; decide what phases will follow and if more agency work is required, serve as the strategic lead to ensure alignment of site capabilities to stakeholder goals
- Oversee sprint process, demos and user testing, and project management of major Digital Product initiatives
- Lead a product team that is comprised of an associate product owner and two digital project managers
- Manage two technical digital project managers to ensure clear communication of key milestones, timelines, dependencies, risks, and timely delivery
- Ensure measurement is deeply engrained in all digital product launches, with KPIs identified before design; coordinate with Analytics team to produce performance reports against KPIs.
- Build a culture of consistent launching, testing, and optimization, where the MVP is truly MVP
- Collaborate with Digital Strategy practice areas, including UX, Analytics, Content and Front-End Development, and other product owners to ensure the proposed solutions align with best practices
- Work closely with the analytics team to understand behaviors/attributes of our site visitors and determine benchmarks for website in general and for subprojects; monitor key site metrics regularly to identify issues/opportunities (e.g. site performance) and identify optimizations or enhancements
- Manage updates to the site required to maintain compliance with GDPR and other privacy/legal/compliance concerns
- Present regularly to leadership and stakeholders on vision, strategy, roadmap, status and performance against goals, and evangelize the work the team is doing and the impact that work is having
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a product owner or product management role
- Experience working within Agile methodology
- Familiarity with Jira, Roadmunk and Adobe
- Strong belief in purposeful evolution, innovation and digital transformation
- Empathy for the needs of various stakeholders
- Ability to influence and drive consensus
- Track record of identifying problems early and solving them quickly
- Decisive decision making with humility to pivot when something isn't working
- Strong presentation skills, both oral and deck design
- Track record of open communications with stakeholders
- Collaborative personality, with equal interest in sharing talents as learning from others
- Sense of humor is a plus