VP, DCIO Retirement Specialist
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
VP, DCIO Retirement Specialist
About the Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com .
About the Position
The Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) Retirement Specialist is a newly created position as a result of the firm's desire to aggressively expand its Defined Contribution business.
Reporting to the Managed Director, Head of DCIO Practice Management, the candidate will be responsible for idea generation, development and execution of ongoing initiatives and communications to promote DC-brand building across multiple market segments. The successful candidate will be critical in continuing to build a center of excellence for retirement strategy within the organization.
- Make significant contributions in the development and execution of Nuveen's DC strategy, including retirement practice management programs, a retirement product strategy and retirement thought leadership programs, leveraging our enterprise's expertise in managing money in the retirement plan space.
- Partner closely with members of other departments, including Product, Investments, Marketing and Legal, to draw on implications from research, DCIO trends, profiles of target customers and key intermediaries, and competitor practices. Use this information to identify opportunities to develop programs around DC issues and market trends to differentiate our firm and our offerings.
- Develop and maintain a competitive pipeline of programs; the successful candidate will be expected to research their own ideas and drive productive discussions with the DCIO leadership team.
- Stay current with DC trends, including public policy.
- Help support DC-specific messaging for Nuveen's investment products, strategies and solutions, working closely with internal partners.
- Serve as a resource for the sales team, continually identify their needs to help prioritize the development of materials and value-added programs.
- Deliver ongoing training to DCIO team members ensuring the program messaging is consistent and effective.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A strong balance of strategic and business acumen, with a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for communication of original and innovative thought.
- Ability to operate successfully in a large, complex organization while possessing an entrepreneurial spirit and detail-oriented project management skills necessary to successfully execute strategic objectives.
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- In-depth knowledge of investment products and vehicles, including mutual funds and Collective Investment Trusts, across the institutional and retail marketplaces; target date experience a plus.
- Solid understand of DC trends; interest in regulatory affairs a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing, communications or relevant field.
- 5-7 years of industry experience with at least 3 years focused on DC.
- Strong PC skills, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong written skills, to include the visual display of quantitative information.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.